NEW FORUM DESIGN HARD TO READ

“No it’s just a different design style. It’s okay you do not like it but you cannot call it bad.”

2 Likes

11111111111 good one

I think it’s fine. Maybe I am adaptable, I dunno.

I’d say, if they want to keep this format, then fine, but because this is 2021 people should have options for themes.

If I can choose between light or dark themes in YouTube or Gmail, I think popular forums could swing it.

6 Likes

That would be a good solution.

I like new theme. :slightly_smiling_face: 20 characters

1 Like

I do give the team some credit though here: Months of feedback on how poor the UI is in AoE4 and how the color scheme is deeply mismatched with the actual tone/time-period of the game and what do they do? Apply that same color scheme and vibe to the forums as well.

I think it’s a horrible decision, to be clear, but I appreciate how bold of a “f you” it is to everyone on here haha

Some designer out there just really loves gold. Gold borders, gold logos, gold spiral rally points, gold emblazoned blue books, low-def gold map outlines, low-def gold seals outside of those map outlines, and so on.

I’m starting to think that the relic duplication bug was intentionally introduced as well. Gold is best.

6 Likes

Have to agree here, layout and font is hard to read and hurts my eyes :frowning:
Maybe that is their way of telling us that we should get off this forum 11.

2 Likes

I thought I had accidentally turned on night mode or something.

3 Likes

Haha, they have some dark sense of humour I gotta say.

3 Likes

I see what you did there.

3 Likes

You could say their humor is golden.

4 Likes

Who thought updating the forum was more priority over the basics we need in game lol… There are about 10 different things they could have implemented with the same time it took to do this… Yeah the 1 hour is all it would take lol.

1 Like

This is infuriating. The new one is so impractical. AoE4 is just one game, why are they changing the forums for ALL their games to that of AoE4, despite people already making posts about how bad it is. A revert is essential, although I would settle for a light/dark mode, or an option to chose the UI based on one of the Age games that you prefer.

Edit: I FIXED IT!!! Under setting in preferences you can change it back! Saved.

5 Likes

Looks like the read vs unread post colors were swapped so the unread posts stand out now.

That’s a plus.

1 Like

Guys, you can change the design back to the old one by going to your user preferences.

11 Likes

To be fair, I don’t think the people working on the AoE Insiders forum are the same people that are working on the games.

3 Likes

Useful tip for sure. Change is hard though, default options matter.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m sure Age of Empires was written in HTLM and CSS…

10 different things with the forums maybe. They’re making improvements pretty quickly so I don’t see any issues with forums team.

What now?

Yeah i get it. Maybe we need to get the web team on board with helping relic lol. Basic things like overlaying the page from the leadeboards into the games community tab seems like just basic stuff…

OP should mark your post as ‘‘solved’’ to others see and select the old interface

1 Like