New gameplay mechanics in Age of Empires 4

I noticed that Delhi sultanate has a 1/3 scientist at the university (interestingly) they speed up the pumping of technologies or do something else.

agett
In the video, delhi sultanate only had 4 scientists, I’m wondering what does (pen icon) mean? What can we expect on the closed beta (AoE 4)? - #44 by VespidArcher901

13 Likes

Have you noticed that the horse scout caught a deer.

(And then he brought the carcass of a deer to the mill).

13 Likes

Aren’t the deers in England noble people’s property?

4 Likes

Do other civs have the pen icon?

3 Likes

So are the dolphins.

4 Likes

nope, only delhi have it

3 Likes

Guys, these are all the buildings of the (English civs).
battl

8 Likes

Thank you for the news. Looking forward to playing it.

3 Likes

Interestingly, soldiers can now also build siege vehicles?But now we see what siege engines will be (1-ram), (2-ballista), (3-siege tower), (4-trebuchet), (5-catapult).

(Here is a disassembled ballista).
(And in this frame you can see the catapults).

6 Likes

Looks like catapults dont have wheels anymore, presumably same with ballistas/scorpions.

Looks like siege warfare is going to be very different

2 Likes

The Scientist’s you refer to are unique to the Delhi Sultanate, they are a priest type unit known as a Scholar:

In the above image we can see three Scholars in the top right and in the bottom left the highlighted 3 must indicate the number of Scholars NOT engaged in research activities

I think this screenshot shows the maximum amount of scholars that can be built out of a singular Mosque meaning if you want to advance super quickly with the Delhi Sultanate you will need a lot of Mosques to have a larger Scholar population - this could mean that the total number of upgrades/ research that can occur at a single time might be directly directly linked to the total number of scholars available - if you have 3 scholars you can only boost research 3 upgrades and without a scholar boosting research/ upgrades is painstakingly slow. This would make scholars a prime target when you face off against the Delhi Sultanate especially in early raids in the Dark Age - The Delhi can get the Mosque and Scholars from the Dark age on wards.

13 Likes

Its the AOE 2 early game mechanics but in 2020. I love attentions like that!

2 Likes

Don’t forget the two types of cannon seen in the preview:

(Mongols)
5:24 Age of Empires IV - Gameplay Trailer - YouTube

cañon2

(Delhi)
5:36 Age of Empires IV - Gameplay Trailer - YouTube

cañon1

10 Likes

@ElMorrion98 You’re right, I forgot to mention the cannons. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

That’s actually a Delhi cannon taken over by the English.
English get ones that look like later culverins. You can see both in the Delhi Sultanate trailer. The cannon is parked in the city at 0:20 in the shot with all the mosques.
The English cannons then appears defending the city at 0:40. One right above and the other to the left of the minimap.

5 Likes

Thanks, I have corrected it.
I hadn’t seen the english cannon. Very cool.

1 Like

I found a (English and Chinese) cannons.

2 Likes

Thank you, we can see a lot of details thanks to your screenshots.

4 Likes

If I’m not mistaken, we can see in the picture (Mongols civs) and the buildings available to them, but they cannot be seen.
a1
(Then the developer exits the game and the loading slider has started, either from the right or to the left).
g2
(This is definitely not the main menu of the game, but in the menu of the editor of the card or the list of servers).

(As a result, he pressed something and the download started again). o4
(A menu came out where everything is very similar to the menu of a regular game where you need to select a mode and a map along with civilizations just like in (AoE 2 DE).
f5
For a long time I tried to see what was written there, but I could only see the colors (blue, red), (yellow 3 pieces) and green.
em6
(He chose yellow and opened a list of maps and selected one of them. ).
p7

i8

18 Likes

I love this community. Nice work!

4 Likes