New gameplay mechanics in Age of Empires 4

Really nice find! Looks like you have found either a skirmish or multiplayer game lobby user interface

5 Likes

Let’s try guess what is what, from left to right:

Dark Age - House, Mill, Lumber Camp, Mining Camp, Farm, Barracks, Dock, Tower, Palisade, Wooden Gate.

Feudal Age - Blacksmith, Market, Town Center, Archery Range, Stable, Siege Workshop, Stone Tower, Wall, Stone Gate.

Castle Age - Castle, ???, Monastery.

Imperial Age - University.

2 Likes

Guys, I don’t know what this is. Can you help?
AOE

3 Likes

Do we know the exact years of each era?

2 Likes

I did not see these mechanics. They seem very interesting. I am eager to discover this in the beta !

2 Likes

there was a post somewhere - either on the forums or reddit which tried see what was written here

Title Reads “AGE IV PILLARS”

3 Likes

Thank you so much :wink: :wink: :wink:

Think it reads:
Real-time strategy, evolved
Built for a diverse and global gaming audience
Digital modding (?) off its(the?) game
Micromanaging ignorable(?) (Could be huge, but I could be wrong)
Mummified(?), exemplifying history

3 Likes

You are great man!
In the second last image… there are 8 circles…the same number of the civs.
In the third last image, there is a list…that i think it contains the type of civs available, so, in this list we have:

• the third is a blu flag with a yellow symbol…and i think are franks.
  • The fourth could be China (it’s the only red flag)
  • The fifth row i could read that is made of three words…and to me it seems that is written - “holy roman empire”. (i don’t want to say that i’m sure…but i’m almost sure that the first word is “holy”.)
  • second last: delhi sulthanate

i’m not sure about the second…it looks that it has 1 letter more of franks…for this i would say "english, or “britons”.

About the first and the last i don’t know…one of these is the mongols.

3 Likes

I think that you right, I looked closely and it seems like it really is written there (Holy Roman Empire).But maybe it seems to us.

1 Like

For the civilisations drop down menu, I think it’s:

1. The first letter is most certainly an A. I think it could be the Ayubbids (1171-1260), Abbasids or even Arabs. I highly doubt it’s the Aztecs, for the other unknown civilisations do not seem to be Spanish, and as it has been discussed in other forums, is essential for pairing of campaigns.
  2. With the blue flag, this is most certainly France. It most certainly has to be in the William the Conqueror’s campaign too.
  3. This has a much shorter name, even shorter than the first word of the next civilisation, thus it has to be about three letters long. There are not many empires that have three letters, so I’d say this is most certainly Rus.
  4. As has been pointed out, this is most certainly the Holy Roman Empire, though their flag is a bit odd…
  5. This is probably the Delhi Sultanate with their green flag, as we know already.
4 Likes

French confirmed ? :slight_smile: i hope

3 Likes
  1. Three letters it’s certainly a chinese dinasty.
    For example Han, Jin, Sui ,
    Or maybe four letters: Yuan, Liao, Tang…
    AoE4 News and extended look at gameplay! - YouTube
    5:05 minute.

Probably the name of the dinasty changes with the age.

3 Likes

Fair point, though with your reasoning that raises the question why didn’t they use “Chinese”, since that’s the name they used for the civilisation during the fan preview, and “Delhi Sultanate” was also introduced in the same preview that is clearly in the snapshot too.

4 Likes

Don’t know…maybe chinese resumes all the various dinasties,
and since the dinasty it’s dependent from the starting age, in that menù, you choose among the various dinasties.

2 Likes

3 letters is going to be “Rus”

4 Likes

thats not a university
it looks more like a mosque
(which it is hopefully for the sake of historic accuracy)

3 Likes

they have my friend
look closely

2 Likes

my god!!! you have some next level observation :scream_cat:

2 Likes

Catapults in this image do not have wheels, which is what I was referring to.

I think the mongol cannon also did not have wheels. The fact that we see packed versions of catapults/ballistas/cannons etc, makes it likely that a good number of seige weapons will not have much mobility if any at all

2 Likes