New November patch discussion

Well that was fast then, you didn’t win because of the bonus alone but because you out-skilled him (unless again the bonus affects aging up).

I mean, you eco couldn’t be that better only thanks to the bonus.

Yes but does it make that big of a difference?
Also considered that if the opponent was magyars he didn’t had probably a good eco, yours was better for sure.

1 Like

Yes, all the buffed civs will be strong, expect maybe Tatars, because of the unrightfully trash Castle Age Cavalry Archers, but they could be strong even without Cavalry Archers.

The bottom tier civs will be Indians and Italians. Italians will be better than Indians.

Above there will be the civs that have big weaknesses, like Teutons, Turks, Koreans or Bulgarians, but even these will be tournament picks imo. Indians were in this category, but they got a big nerf.

2 Likes

No, I won because I out-teched him.
Cheaper Gold cost units + faster upgrades, is too strong.

Ports now fell like Britons, Chinese and Turks, mashed together.

You can get Fletching much faster than they can get Armour, for example, and faster Eco upgrades immediately translates into faster Economy and Booming.

2 Likes

Depending on the port bonus and how it effects everything, if it effects age up as well, idk, should help with the 35 vill fast imp 10 feitoria +19 pop(219) boom into unlimited walls and bombard towers by making it quicker

1 Like

Portuguese will do a drush without mining gold or M@a with faster upgrade into Archers. You save two villagers, because you need one less on gold and wheelbarrow+loom research time. In the Castle Age they will be a civ that can do everything. Only Squires hurts. We all know that they are a strong Imperial Civilization, but they should be a bit akward vs Britons, Vietnamese, Mayans.

1 Like

Mmm I’m not sure, indians still saves a lot of food on vills, and have ligh cav with +1PA for free in castle (though Italians have knights…).

Yeah but by how much time did you beat him to castle age?

Yes but you didn’t have that many resources compared to you enemy, so if he click fletching first he’ll probably close the gap with you.

However I agree that it’s a strong bonus that can potentially snowball out of control.

2 Likes

where is the options now? i cant find in the main menu

1 Like

Genoese Crossbow should be decent against Indians with their good training time. I’d prefer Italians, because the cheaper age-up is a really good bonus, but they have nothing else. (Portuguese were a similar civ)
On the other hand Indians have no Knights or a good lategame anymore.

Italians with their good Monks, Crossbows and Knights should be able to deal with Indians.

Remember Indian Hussars will miss one melee armor.

3 Likes

Why even go for Barracks units at all?

Just go for Archer Rush all the time as Ports, and you can get guaranteed Fletching before your Archers begin even killing Vills.

In Imp, you can hit Britons, Viets and Mayans with FU Arbs and Skirms, before they even get Bracer.
Not to mention that you will have discounted Mangonels which you can use to break those civ’s Castle and early Imp Archers.

OGs also do not fear Archers until they mass effectively, and you can get a group of 5-7 of them going on very quickly, with your overdriven Economy now.

Horse Collar and Heavy Plow hit so fast, you can realistically make sure your Vills never reseed a Horse Collar Farm in Castle Age anymore too.

1 Like

At the end of the day, I could stick to my civ’s strength (Archers9 while he could not to his (Cavalry).
Discounted Archers + faster upgrades made sure he could not get Cav of a level or mass that could actually threaten me.
He even tried Mangonels, but Bracer Arbs one-shot those.

On the contrary, I had a lot more resources, because my Eco upgraded faster.

1 Like

Because you can do a huge damage with their cheap drush or M@A, it’s still faster then their fast fletching and remember walls got nerfed hard and that favour Militia-line and Scouts.

2 Likes

A nerf to the top 1 civ is always meaningful.

Great job devs! Portuguese now are amazing. We have asked for these buffs for so long!

A bit of nerf was needed

It may make sense the -1PA. Let us see!

Fine with GC. No land buffs, no rebalance between land and water. The only civ which needs a real buff atm. The only negative aspect of the patch.

Great change for TGs. The issue is 1v1, more than before.

Great, including all the changes to the other civs…

2 Likes

Spanish Canon gal Fix/Buff = mawr scary

Alucard: Haven’t you heard the new sensation sweeping the nation? B*****s love canons~

1 Like

Portuguese are really amazing now. Super open tech tree, 20% gold discount and faster techs!

You also have excellent monks and very easy tech switches.

Assume I counter your archers by spamming skyrms. You have a super fast switch to cheap knights!

3 Likes

GC should be simply usable now, and it’s true they would still trash their cavalry even with the +1PA, but it still requires a castle.

However I agree, in a matchup of indians vs Italians, the latter would probably have the upper hand thanks to the GC, but I meant that in general (vs most civs), indians have more power in castle age thanks to their bonuses, and potentially end the game in that age.

Then it depends, italians do have FU knights, which make them more flexible in that regard…

You meant Indians?

Well that not necessary true, all those civs have good eco bonuses, and their archers are advantaged by several bonuses.

However yes, portos now can play with the big boys at archers games, it’s a bit sad that they left Italians out through…

Was that big of a difference? I guess I’ll have to try them…

2 Likes

It is a bit sad, but at this point it has been months since we asked for the GC fix and a bit of a land buff, I’m tired to point it out, so I’ll take what I get…

Hi guys,

I need help with trying to connect to other players in the Quick Match Multiplayer modes for Empire Wars & Battle Royale, in order to unlock the related achievements. I’ve never played Multiplayer, only the single player campaigns.

If someone knows of a solution to this, please let me know!

1 Like

Hi, can’t help you since I still have to try it myself, but you should post under the segment of AoE2 “ask for help”
Probably there there already are some topics to help you out

If you are talking about fully upgraded Imp Age battles, yes, the have better Archers than Ports.
But Ports can get FU MUCH quicker now, and can mass scaringly easy.

1 Like

Ok but for example, viets HP bonus can more than easily compensate for ports getting the armor sooner, and britons can compensate for having the range upgrade sooner. Also because at some point those civs will catch up on blacksmith techs.

Also both have gray eco bonuses, and can be easily on pair with portos (who still have to pay the full wood cost of archers).

So in my opinion portos is on about the same level of britons, viets and such. Civs with good skirms too (bizzantines come to mind…) should be fine.