New patch, ton of bugs and crashes

why was there no PUP for this? the amount of HURT attached to this patch…

3 Likes

The patch mainly just added cross-compatiblity between console and PC.

my game after the last patch is crashing every few minutes

Setting up hotkeys
LocalizationManager::GetOSLanguage: userPrimary is en
LocalizationManager::GetOSLanguage: Located user primary.
LocalizationManager::GetOSLanguage: Located user sub, returning 2
LocalizationManager::UpdateSelectedLanguageFromOptions
LocalizationManager::GetOSLanguage: userPrimary is en
LocalizationManager::GetOSLanguage: Located user primary.
LocalizationManager::GetOSLanguage: Located user sub, returning 2
LocalizationManager::UpdateSelectedLanguageFromOptions: Calling SetCurrentLanguage(2)
LocalizationManager::LocalizationManager end
Player sign-in processing complete
Total Initialization Time: 8466 ms
Running Game
Total Texture Load Time: 0 ms
[rlink - error] 2023/02/01 20:57:57.950 (UTC) XboxPlatform::SetPresence not successful: XboxLiveContext is null

[rlink - error] 2023/02/01 20:57:58.040 (UTC) presence data missing

[rlink - error] 2023/02/01 20:58:04.684 (UTC) presence data missing

Closing video
[rlink - error] 2023/02/01 20:59:57.117 (UTC) XboxPlatform::SetPresence not successful: XboxLiveContext is null

[rlink - error] 2023/02/01 20:59:58.074 (UTC) presence data missing

[rlink - error] 2023/02/01 21:00:26.709 (UTC) XboxPlatform::SetPresence not successful: XboxLiveContext is null

[rlink - error] 2023/02/01 21:00:27.515 (UTC) presence data missing

SyncMandatory is being logged
Object Tracker Error: Added object with reserved group id. UnitId: 8519, MasterId: 917
Object Tracker Error: Added object with reserved group id. UnitId: 8519, MasterId: 917
Object Tracker Error: Added object with reserved group id. UnitId: 8520, MasterId: 917
Object Tracker Error: Added object with reserved group id. UnitId: 8520, MasterId: 917
Object Tracker Error: Added object with reserved group id. UnitId: 8521, MasterId: 917
Object Tracker Error: Added object with reserved group id. UnitId: 8521, MasterId: 917
Object Tracker Error: Added object with reserved group id. UnitId: 8522, MasterId: 917
Object Tracker Error: Added object with reserved group id. UnitId: 8522, MasterId: 917
Object Tracker Error: Added object with reserved group id. UnitId: 8523, MasterId: 917
Object Tracker Error: Added object with reserved group id. UnitId: 8523, MasterId: 917
Object Tracker Error: Added object with reserved group id. UnitId: 8524, MasterId: 917
Object Tracker Error: Added object with reserved group id. UnitId: 8524, MasterId: 917
Object Tracker Error: Added object with reserved group id. UnitId: 8525, MasterId: 917
Object Tracker Error: Added object with reserved group id. UnitId: 8525, MasterId: 917
Object Tracker Error: Added object with reserved group id. UnitId: 8526, MasterId: 917
Object Tracker Error: Added object with reserved group id. UnitId: 8526, MasterId: 917
Object Tracker Error: Added object with reserved group id. UnitId: 8527, MasterId: 917
Object Tracker Error: Added object with reserved group id. UnitId: 8527, MasterId: 917
Object Tracker Error: Added object with reserved group id. UnitId: 8528, MasterId: 917
Object Tracker Error: Added object with reserved group id. UnitId: 8528, MasterId: 917
Object Tracker Error: Added object with reserved group id. UnitId: 8529, MasterId: 917
Object Tracker Error: Added object with reserved group id. UnitId: 8529, MasterId: 917
Object Tracker Error: Added object with reserved group id. UnitId: 8530, MasterId: 917
Object Tracker Error: Added object with reserved group id. UnitId: 8530, MasterId: 917
Object Tracker Error: Added object with reserved group id. UnitId: 8531, MasterId: 917
Object Tracker Error: Added object with reserved group id. UnitId: 8531, MasterId: 917
Object Tracker Error: Added object with reserved group id. UnitId: 8532, MasterId: 917
Object Tracker Error: Added object with reserved group id. UnitId: 8532, MasterId: 917
Exception type 0x80000003 occurred at 00007fff22edaf4e
Writing crash record file.
Generating autosave.
[rlink - error] 2023/02/01 21:07:20.404 (UTC) SetVisible called while !IsConnected

Save result:Success
Writing out log
1 Like

No, the patch MAINLY broke game for standard users

6 Likes

I have to say I’m pretty disappointed as well. Not only did this patch break a lot of things without having much/anything to offer most existing players, but it reintroduced a variation of the dreaded “Modify Attribute” bug that broke tons of custom campaigns and made the Editor unusable (for my purposes) for 4 months last year, on top of the ongoing and long-lived AI tech bug…

I want to give devs the benefit of the doubt, but repeated and predictably poor outcomes like this just make them look bad. Platform outreach and new content is nice in theory, but preserving existing functionalities needs to be a higher priority, rather than something players have to beg for for months after an “update.” Otherwise all the new stuff is just polish on a turd.

Hopefully this gets fixed as quickly as the Regicide Garrison bug last year.

8 Likes

couple thing noticed right away was

• more crashes
  • more lags
  • unit collision issue
  • mod breaking

not sure why they dont put out PUP first and at least we can try them and let them know the bugs but damn. and we got people who want skins without caring how long it takes them fix things.

2 Likes

If the game can be played by T90 devs won’t fix anything right away. Sadly the main focus right now is the console version and I don’t think the scenario editor is a priority in this moment
Agree on everything you are saying. You expect that every single update don’t brake the base game after 3 years of the DE

5 Likes

yea man as long as the streamers has no issue they wont bother fixing it or simply take their time. biggest issue isnt introducing bug but rather how long it takes them to fix things.

5 Likes

Yeah, I can’t launch the game since the patch dropped

1 Like

Which bug is this? I was not aware of such a thing before.

Personally I’ve noticed the Lobby Browser breaking the most. Don’t rightly know how to go about reporting a bug, but maybe others have noticed this as well and it’s just not me - the lobby browser doesn’t refresh even though clicking on refresh, searching for a lobby name appears to sometimes refresh but will show the players in lobby wrong (as if it was a different lobby).

Makes it really hard to host any games without posting join codes in community discords, which isn’t really the intended way of playing IMO. Join codes are the only ways to join lobbies too, since even aoe2net and aoe2insights are currently broken and won’t show all lobbies or games. If I wanted to spectate a game, I’d also need the join codes. :frowning:

2 Likes

I am not entirely sure if its bug per se, but I guess it would fit as one. the lobby only shows a max certain number of lobbies so newer lobbies will not show itself even if you hit refresh until older lobbies either are cancelled or started. just from my observation of playing this game for 3 years.

with the new xbox thing, number of lobbies shot up so this problem will become more apparent. hope they change this limit, w/e that limit was

Yeah, I’ve been aware of that earlier too, but this is distinctly different. Previously, lobby browser would at least refresh. Games I would’ve seen before don’t appear any more. I mean, I guess if this is the case, then a number of Xbox lobbies taking up the spot could be the reason for it, but either way the lobby browser is unusable right now.

I assumed aoe2net and aoe2insights being broken at the same time are more connected, at least.

I will also add that joining existing shown lobbies are similarly not updated and even games that have started don’t seemingly get removed, I think. It’s just a mess right now.

It had several variations, including a “fix” that just moved the problem somewhere else. Mainly it made changing attack (and armor in 1 variation) via the “Change Object Attack” and/or “Modify Attribute” triggers not work.
I refer to it Here, (and here’s a quote from that thread that remains relevant):

And some (but not all) threads about the old issue from the bug reports forum are here, here, here, and here. It was eventually fixed, only to be broken again a few months later (now) in a new form, as shown here and here.

I get that this isn’t exactly the Golden Age of Scenario/Campaign design, but it shouldn’t be the Dark Ages either. I look forward to new content as much as the next guy, but it needs to be built on a working foundation. I would rather get (and would pay for) a “Spring Cleaning” update that squashes a bunch of these bugs, hopefully for good, than anything else right now.

1 Like

and then they got this new bug from xbox, this guy abusing it taking up 4 rooms with him as the host. lobbies been there for over 1+ hr now…

1 Like

Sad, but (probably) true. I get that most people don’t mess around in the Editor as much as I do, but this affects existing campaigns as well, including official campaigns. In the bug report section, people are gradually starting to notice how this affects this or that campaign by crippling their heroes or other units when they’re supposed to be gaining Attack/Armor. Supposedly tons of people play SP/Campaigns, but relatively few people seem to have noticed this bug (yet). But it gimps one of the most useful things you can do with triggers.

2 Likes

I’m having the same crash. Does anyone know how to fix this?

when did xbox patch came out? 2 months now and counting? bug still unfixed as expected.

Possible solution to game crashing before it reaches the loading screen and error message: presense data missing

Delete all of your mods you subscribed to in your folders. This worked for me, just letting others know.

From what I ve seen the people that are reporting most crashes and UI bugs are the ones with tons of mods for some reason.

1 Like