New preview video

If you payed attention to how the units behave… the unit AI is still terrible. Am I glad I haven’t pre-ordered, it’ll definitifely take a demo to persuade me of a purchase.

So, I skimmed over the PC Games at the store down the street. The article is mainly what we saw in the video. It’s balbla we already know. (3 pages, lots of pictures). If you don’t know anything about the game, it’s okay, but there’s nothing “new”. Then there’s an “interview” with one of the devs. (1page, no pictures) It’s rigged to ask precisely the question that end up promoting the game. No uncomfortable journalistic questions or something.
All in all, it’s a promotion piece with no new infos.

Brown banners on all units…why?

@mythdracon said:
Brown banners on all units…why?

The banners are for the devs and testing. They will not be there in the final game.

Just out of curiosity, what value could these banners possibly add to the testing… ?

No idea, maybe they can click on them for options? Or it’s just easy identification for something, maybe an attack status, or indicator of movement.

@EzyWin said:
Just out of curiosity, what value could these banners possibly add to the testing… ?

Maybe they were used during graphic testing?
The banners always showed up on control grouped units, giving the tester manual control over what units had flags. If a graphic wasn’t there or didn’t work, the unit might have been invisible aside from the flag, and they could continue testing other attributes of the unit while the graphics were halfway done or broken. Just a guess.

How else would they test everyone’s favorite unit, the Invisible Demon?

I hope the tool age houses are just placeholders, because they look exactly the same like the ones in the bronze age. But I’m confident they will change this and hopefully also the building icons! Everything else looks fine :slight_smile: