New Scenario Editor Features (No new info, just discussion)

Whether you love using it or not, AOE’s Scenario Editor has always been pretty awesome. The DE is definitely going to have a new Scenario Editor.

What kind of features would you all like to see in it?

Personally, I’d love to be able to set a custom music playlist for my scenario. Including any song would be awesome, but just the ability to rearrange the in-game songs would be good enough. That way, if a scenario starts off slow you can start the music slow, and an all-combat scenario could have a playlist of nothing but battle music.

The best for me would be the option to take a detailed screen shot of the full map, as used to be possible in the AOK, before the HD Edition.

Shame we aren’t getting triggers.

@SnapNSnaz said:

Was that confirmed anywhere?

Triggers? Scripting?

More advanced Map editor like Blizzard Starcraft editor.

@sonictimm said:

@SnapNSnaz said:

Was that confirmed anywhere?

Yes, Cysion confirmed this. WTF is DIS?!!?!!?!?!??!!?11111 - Age of Empires Forums

Thanks @SnapNSnaz

buildings and units should be separated… it really would be nice

Freely placeable (stackable) units, all hidden terrains accessable, all hidden units/every single object accessable. In-game .AI/.PER/.CTY editors. Custom map sizes (1x1 to 255x255 tiles) from the map option. Snow terrain. And eventually… hopefully… triggers.

Upatch didn’t off-grid placement did it @PhatFish ?

Yes the UPatch allowed off grid placement as well as freely placeable and stackable units, via hotkeys - this wasn’t on by default, which is probably a good thing :slight_smile:

UPatch is indeed amongst some of the utilities that allow free off grid stackable placement. So there is hope yet :slight_smile:

@PhatFish said:
UPatch is indeed amongst some of the utilities that allow free off grid stackable placement. So there is hope yet :slight_smile:

Once upon a time you had to file switch to use such features :slight_smile: