NEWS: Bizantines were revealed on the Main Page!

6 Likes

Really cool the new units!

This seems like a very complex civ to play!

2 Likes

Holy crap! I knew the Byzantines would have the Cataphract be replacing the Knight line. In fact, a lot of us most certainly knew that considering that the Cataphract was the mainstay of the Byzantine heavy cavalry unit. Now about the timeframe covering, I think it should say that it covers from the early 6th century CE to the mid 15th century CE instead of early 9th century CE to the mid 15th century CE so this civ can be described as also covering the early medieval period of the Byzantines.

4 Likes

I love their concept they will probably become my new main.
not sure how i feel about the “Limitanei” name for their spear units they seem to be too early of a unit for the AoE 4 timeframe

2 Likes

A lot of aoe3 ideas in this civ design
Cover mode
Trample
Flamethrower
Oil-african influence system (both used for mercenaries)

Aoe3 folks rejoice!!

4 Likes

Let me just say YEEEESSSSS without any particular reason because I didn’t read a single line of the thing.

I only saw the cover and I’m just too hyped, I can’t help it!

3 Likes

The civ looks VERY interesting. Hopefully it actually is.

Thank you Relic!

I dunno… i mean: Amazing wow… but wow this civ is so cool, makes other much less appealing… 5 resource? Everybody will play just this civ lol.
Again: instead of stupid variants, dev should give a new touch to the original civ…

I’m going to say one thing and only one thing :
Brace yourselves :smirk:

1 Like

Wiki says that they existed in some shape until the arab conquests

2 Likes

I also think that the name is perhaps a little behind the time indicated, the vernacular term for such units at that time was “Skoutatoi” or shield bearer or “Menavlion” for the Byzantine spear menavlia.

2 Likes