Next Age of Empires 4 Beta due to drop soon?

I don’t think so either.

What is bothering me is that the community managers systematically ignored these specific “up to date” questions all the time.

This time it was blatently obvious since easly 1/4 of the questions beeing posted at the streams were related to the update of the steam stresstest client.

It’s always the stuff that they already showcased, no deeper insight on what they prioritize rn, if they intend to rework the UI, what their idea is to improve visual responsiveness, I personally ask if they are working on a non AVX instructed version of thr client every time and this time in big scale what’s up with the stresstest client.

Maybe they just didn’t read any of these but I am quite certain that they just don’t want to get into specifics and keep the questions broad and easy without implicating any issues with the game so it sounds better in case of marketing.

5 Likes

Unfortunately answering questions is not what they want to do. It’s pretty clear from the very beginning. Even on the community streams it’s just following the script.

But at least they are doing GIVEAWAYS LOOOOOL SOOOO COOOOOOL HYPE HYPE FREE STUFF !AGE4WARD PogChamp (not even AoE4 keys)

8 Likes

Definitely inspires confidence in the product…

3 Likes

There isn’t point to make non AVX version. how would you even run two version at same time and make it so you could select right versio. even if you would some people would be using wrong version and other version would always be useless for everyone. CMs most likely don’t even know what hell is AVX.

For beta It’s not CMs job to tell there will be beta if for some reason they have decided it to come suddently.

At the end of the day who cares at this point. Game releases in 10 days anyway.

4 Likes

You are just blindly defending them now.
With “version” i mean compatibility, I thought it was clear.
Same like other instructionsets can complement each other if something is not given on older cpus, same like different drivers or operating systems are supported.
I’m not calling for different clients for different audiences here.

Since they have some devs there in the aftermath to answer questions with, “they are just CMs and it’s not their job to know this” is no excuse.
They are literally reading the questions to the devs so the devs can answer them, they did never answer anything on their own without the devs at their side to begin with so what are you talking about?

2 Likes

Having looked through steam forums, historically AVX required games tend to patch it out later on.

So I would say it is a reasonable request.
Although I am unsure about how soon they would do it.

So when is this beta happening?
People gotta plan their lives.
If it’s announced the same day as it’s starting, I and many others won’t have a chance to play.
Plus I got a slow connection and will probably have to DL for a day.

Communication level is 0.

There will be no new betas 10 days away from release.

Oh probably the actual beta will be on 28th of October then.
Yeah right! So the release is planned for 2022 I guess.

1 Like

Apparently content creators will have access to play and stream it starting on the 25th.

4 Likes

It doesn’t make any sense.

It does make sense, think about it.
From everything we’ve seen, the game seems like half done.

1 Like

Silly things like this make it hard to take some of you seriously at all, even when you do bring up a valid point.

6 Likes

All we have been looking at is older builds. We have not seen their current build as of the moment, so things could look very different when released.

Really ? Can you share source ? Am hyped .

1 Like

Interesting. Id like to know as well. I’m curious where that info could be at. Though, if its true, ill be a bit disappointed since they get a head start competitively.

Streamers and “content creators” have access to the game since last week, apparently.

2 Likes

wait really? But they have not streamed it though. At least, I have not seen anything. Is there an NDA?

They can start streaming on 25th from what we know

2 Likes