No ingame progression

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: current
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

I’m new to the DE edition of AoE2 (already played 20 years ago). Unfortunately I have no ingame progression at all. Eventough I won several matches against the AI my victory count is still 0. I can’t unlock a single profile icon. I read that others had similar problems but I didn’t find a clear answer how to solve the problem or if this is still a known issue. I tried leaving won games directly without going back to the map and I tried going back to the map. Additionally if I play one game it counts a played 2-3 games ingame and not just one. In contrast the Steam achievements are working fine.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start the game.
  2. Click on profile / statistics.
  3. See that there are no counted victories and no progression rewards at all.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

When finishing achievments like “win one game” I expect to gain the related progression reward.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

that table only counts online ranked matches

1 Like

Do I also just get the profile icons by winning games in online multiplayer?

the civ specific icons can be obtained with offline matches, but i think the number of matches played/won icons are only obtained by playing online.

Yeah and that’s my problem… I should have obtained at least some of the icons but I didn’t. For example the “win one game” one…

I think the win one game icon can only be obtained with online play.

Try winning 5 games against easiest AI in deathmatch as huns and check if you get the huns icon.