No Sound effects e.g Gun shots, Voices

Just to clearify, i know all this Fixes for Music Sound problem(rename a mp3 file, patch etc) and thats not the Case here and the Fixes for the Music problem, doesnt fix my problem. Some ppl have my problem too and there is no help for them aswell. (in other Forums). Never had this Issue, i had the Music problem some years ago but it was easy to fix.

I guess your audio is working in other applications or games, right?
Let’s give it a try, maybe I can help you out. First some questions.

On which OS do you run AOE 3?

Did you install it from CD or Steam?

Yes. OS is Windows, i installed it from Steam.

Try switching your speakers’ configuration to Stereo channel.

@Invictus_trax
Is Windows Media Player installed on your Windows 10 system?

You can add this through control panel -> software -> components / features and toggle Windows Media Player below media. Also you will need DirectPlay. You can add this by toggling DirectPlay below Legacy components.

@PCS70 said:
@Invictus_trax
Is Windows Media Player installed on your Windows 10 system?

You can add this through control panel -> software -> components / features and toggle Windows Media Player below media. Also you will need DirectPlay. You can add this by toggling DirectPlay below Legacy components.

No way his problem relates to DirectPlay or windows media player.

No it was actually a problem with my Audiointerface Driver. Didnt realized it cuz everything else was working perfectly,all games except Aoe3 and 2 others. Anyway i reinstalled the Driver and now it works. I came to the Idea cuz my Audiointerface output was not shown as it should. It was shown as a normal Speaker output.Which is strange cuz i changed nothing. Now i can see all three different Outputs from the AI, all socket informations etc. How it supposed to be. Anyway, thanks for trying to help. Long story short, u can close this Thread now.

were do you go in the files to find the driver @Corruptdisciple

In general if an already installed (audio) device driver is or might be broken just to delete the device without check marking the delete driver package option through device management and rebooting your machine will restore functionality. Some times there are known problems with the installed driver’s version and also not always updates for third party drivers are offered automatically through Windows updates depending on the selection to offer other important updates too (or other restriction policies) which uses Microsoft Update services (or they just fail to install successfully without the user’s knowledge). In that case manually updating the driver by downloading the latest version at the manufacturer is advised, but before doing that option I would always check manually through device management if there is a new WHQL driver offered for that broken device through Windows (or in this case it will use the Microsoft) update services by opening device management, unfold the device category and right click the device and then choose update driver and click ‘search automatically for updated driver software’.). This even works for systems connected to WSUS or WUfB (unless prohibited by policy setting).