Nomad as a set map on 1v1 and tg

Hi all,

For the second rotation in a row we will not have any nomad type games on the single player, and I find that a pity as I love that game type. (Perhaps there will be 3 on TG and while I like that, others might obviously find it rather overwhelming.)

I have been thinking that a fixed nomad - it could be of changing type or perhaps even random nomad - would be obvious on both 1v1 and tg. Now we have Arabia, Arena and BF as set maps, and that is fine with me especially if Nomad and Megarandom had the same status.

What do you guys think?

I think I enjoy playing nomad, absolutely suck at it, and am therefore fine with how it currently is.

Nomad should not be in tg but 1v1. Nomad in tg all about luck.

2 Likes

Not if you pick it. You could say the same about arena, bf with random civs

Civ advantage and surrounding by 3 enemies is not same

1 Like

Now I know why games have been more enjoyable recently, there’s no Nomad!

1 Like

Hey guys,

I do not advocate for you to love Nomad.

I hate BF and Arena, but I do totally understand if they are set in stone for all map rotations - after all I can ban them.

In my eyes the Nomad-play is so different that it could be part of the set map rotation as well. And in my eyes it would be funny if it was different kinds of Nomad eg. either Water Nomad, Nile Delta, Steppe, African Clearing or a fifth version.

Nomad was together with Arabia, Arena en BF the most common picked map. So it is already popular for ages.

If i do remember correctly, then Nomad was mainly played as TG map, not as 1v1. So there a good argument to make Nomad a fixed map as well in the TG pool.

1 Like

First out of a handfull to actually answer my question: wouldn’t it be obvious that some kind of nomad was included in all map rotations (together with arabia, arena, bf, and some water map)?

And in my opinion it should be on both tg and 1v1

Well, I think it is sufficient that some map with a nomad start is among the voting options all the time. The only reason for always having Arabia + Arena in the fixed pool is that these maps would always be voted in regardless, at least that’s what everyone would assume.

Edit: Speaking for 1v1 only.

1 Like

In my eyes the Nomad-play is so different that it could be part of the set map rotation as well. And in my eyes it would be funny if it was different kinds of Nomad eg. either Water Nomad, Nile Delta, Steppe, African Clearing or a fifth version.

Interessting that you don’t mention Land nomad. I like it much more than Nomad. I basically don’t like Nomad. There is not enough space.

I could have mentioned them all :slight_smile: Land Nomad, Nomad and so on. I prefer the ordinary one, but rotation would be fine - if there was at least one every “round”

First of all the question should be if there should be 9 maps in the 1v1 rotation. Because with only 7 maps its tricky to make more maps or mapstyles mandatory.

WIth 9 maps a paossibility would be:

• Arabia
  • Arena
  • water map
  • map with nomad start
  • 1 free dev choice
  • 1 least used map of the past regarding map rotations
  • 3 maps from players poll

With only 7 maps I think a water map should be always in the pool, but the devs should also have a free choice of a map, so not really room for a nomad style map.

Fair thought. I don’t know the math in the possible numbers, but a real random between all maps would also be obvious

Fair thought. I don’t know the math in the possible numbers, but a real random between all maps would also be obvious

Atm players can ban 3 maps, so if both players ban 3 different maps there need to be a 7th map, that isn’t banned and will be played.

If you increase the bans to 4, then you need 4+4+1 maps.

I think it was like this in the past for 1v1 too, but then it was changed to 7 maps with 3 bans.