Nomads rework

even nomads would make make a great team bonus

The Mongols have their own bonus already.

The Huns have a dish of beef steaks free. The Mongols have a dish of lamb chops free.
Now the Mongols are probably able to gain an extra small dish of beef steaks. Should not they pay something for that extra dish?

1 Like

Neither. My issue is them affecting balance and gameplay.

Yes. And doesnt see multi-player use for good reason.

Those are all very minor compared to completely changing how an existing civ plays. Apples and oranges man. Not rven close to taking a 20 year old civ and turning how it plays on its head, which could easily confuse returning fans of the franchise.
It’s very easy to increase the power of nomads without impacting mongols overall balance. Just have it give them the huns effect.

Again. Age 2 should be age 2. Not some other game. What you want exists in age 4. Let them be seperate games. We’ve already seen how bad trying to add age 3 mechanics to age 2 is.

You cant just add a bonus that its better in every single situation to other. Thats how the game is designed and paying for a worse Hun bonus is just bad.

It seems that unless you completely replace it, you cannot rely on traditional methods to adjust it to your satisfaction. As far as I am concerned, a design that is limited to be highly situational and does not fit any possible strategy is the redundant and meaningless waste of resources. Whether it is unlocking 50% of the population cap or increasing the price to unlock 100% of the population cap, it will definitely be more practical and meaningful than the current passive effects and it will not even affect the balance and usage strategy.

Thats how the design of practically ever bonus in the game :man_shrugging:

Either way, I agree that buffing it would be good but I would rather replace it entirely