Not Seeing any Opposition to the Flat 20% DPS Nerf of LI against Cav

And in this case a 20% damage nerf will still result in the light infantry winning.

5 hussars however should win against 15 skrimishers. So 30 should against 90.

I agree that 10 shouldnt counter 90 and thats also not the case.

This is still a fallacy. Your argument is solely based on the fact that you have been right before so you should be right now, when there is no factual basis to support that claim. Otherwise I can argue that if you have been proven wrong before, its very likely you would be now aswell.

I simply dont see how a 20% nerf against their heavy counter (which also costs a lot more resources generally) is game breaking. Its only situational when you have no protection for your light infantry against heavy cavalry and now they will just die slightly faster as they should.

2 Likes

The change is great and is very smart to whoever came up with it. Light infantry is too easy too mass where as cav is harder and to lose cav to what you counter is disgusting because of the pathing and how this game works in general.

I would even nerf it harder if cav is still getting beaten up that easily agaisnt skirm. The pathing in this game plus how LI inf units work they do need this nerf.

Simply moving back with using objects or units or small holes and cav becomes USELESS making the game a canon festival or as as we know Skirm/Dragoon which has always been the superior comp and some civs lack this

If most LI were like Longbow where they had to do an anitmation prior to shooting. Can guarantee it would be horrible to play LI vs Cav

To that look at LongBow per say yes they’re ugly at hit and running, however the moment you get 30/40 you justt stand shooting and cav dies, I don’t think that should be happening. People carelessly just making 1 unit and eating everything including their counter

4 Likes

Yumi are pretty oddly designed though, they have a maximum potential of 1.5x multiplier vs heavy infantry so they literally need their roughly 2x base damage compared to other light infantry just to do the same job that other light infantry do. However, this makes them miles ahead of other light infantry against non-heavy infantry which indicates to me that they should probably get redesigned a bit and perhaps given a new card that increases their multiplier.

its only 26% higher (19 vs 15)

Oh right, I guess not base then but late-game it gets to be a lot higher than 26% with a golden pagoda and a daimyo.

If you nerf light inf,you should offer musketeer for some civ such as the Netherlands and China in age 2.Force player use pikeman against musketeer and hussar is unfair.Hussar is faster,and musketeer isn’t afraid of light inf.Maybe you think hussar can beat hussar,but musketeer will kill it easily.

That’s a problem some civs don’t have musketeer. They use melee infantry to counter cav while others use musk to counter cav, but musk also counters melee infantry. So it is like one civ’s anticav counters the other civ’s anticav. Not fair. There are only a few rare civs with no musketeer: lakota, aztecs, china, dutch, german. Then out of these civs only China has a weak ass dragoon. So it,is forced to use melee inf.

What on earth am I reading??
The logic twists in this are simply fantastic.

2 Likes

No?

Isnt pikeman a counter to heavy cav? Isnt halbedier a counter to heavy cav?

You wanted to spam light infantry against this? How is it fair that the opponent needs to make two units while you only one? Also you conveniently leave out the fact that its pikeman + skirmisher, not just pikeman. Keep pikeman close to skirmishers as skirmishers have more range so they can hit musketeers. If you cant even do this micro then you should just learn to play better.

Even in the current game you cant spam light infantry against hussar muskrteer combo.

Also musketeer isnt afraid of skirmisher? What? 1v1 me where you spam musketeer and I skirmisher lets see who wins lol.

6 Likes

For example,the Netherlands player need to build banks,if you wants to build pikeman in age 2,then you have many problems here.
1:you should use light inf beat musketeer,but hussar can slow you down,then musketeer can beat your light inf easily,because they have more hp,and they can also choose to kill your pikeman,you can’t lose each of them.But for your opponent,if he lose musketeer they can use hussar run away and kill your villager,if he lose hussar, he can just shoot you,because light inf and musketeer both have 4 speed, you can’t take advantage of range advantage at all.
May you can use light inf kill some run away hussar before,now you can’t do that.
2:You need wood to build banks,but every pikeman needs 40 wood.Bou build 10 pikemen to beat hussar,and you lose 1 bank at the same time.If you don’t have enough bank,you’ll lose.
3:villagers can gather 0.84 food/s,but only 0.5 wood/s,0.6 gold/s,0.69 for the Netherlands.So if you don’t build banks,your income is less than other civ.
4:If you want to build hussar and light inf,you need more gold and more pop,but you build house sooner,then you have bank slower,and you stable can’t fully work.Then you have less army,and less
income.
5:If you want to build hussar only,your opponent can only build musketeer to make them safe,they can also build some hussar to slow your hussar down,and kill them.If you want to build both light inf and hussar,you opponent just needs to build hussar,because light inf can’t hart hussar after the nerf and your opponent have more hussar than you.
So,the problem is civ like the Netherlands will be weaker than civ who have musketeer in age 2,that’s unfair.especially for the Netherlands,because when you use pikeman you are weaker then other Europe civ in all aspects.

I knew some really good players who used to pike and skirm in 2 ages to resist rushing or even rushing. Even the same grunt (info on liquipedia) made rushes or defenses with pikes and skirms they train pikemen when 8 weren’t enough for him and obviously he had fewer banks but at least he survived, if you don’t survive you don’t live and therefore you lose.
I’m not a good Dutch player so I don’t know the builds and timing well but I’ve seen players who still managed to win despite having made pikemen in 2 ages to defend themselves even just from raids.

This is a very expresive way of saying you don’t know how to play the game.

Dutch can just send the pikemen card in age2 and that shuts down any hussar while still allowing them to build banks. That card is a must for dutch, if you don’t have it/don’t use it, it is not the fault of the game.

You are also arguing about the nerf to shirmisher damage against cavalry, in the early stages of the game this change has basically 0 effect, hussars will own skirmisher with or without the nerf. Not sure what musketeers have done wrong in all this stop dragging them in lol.

1 Like