Not yet ranked: Play 1 Ranked 1v1 game to earn a rank on the leaderboard

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: ######
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Basically, even though I have over 10 games, the popup about needing to play 1 more ranked game to get a leaderboard rank always seems to persist.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. I’m not sure. Maybe play over 10 ranked games, and hopefully observe this when you check the ranked 1v1 leaderboards?

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

I’m not sure what is actually meant to happen, but I’m guessing it isn’t meant to tell me I need to play 1 more game to get my ranking. It actually does give me a ranking and stuff, it’s just a visual bug with this thing.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Hi @TheConqueror753 !

I recommend you to delete your user files. For deleting your user files, you should:

a. Make sure that your Steam Cloud is disabled in Steam, AoE2 game, Properties, General.
b. Go to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE.
c. Copy your user folder to a safe place, it has lots of numbers.
d. Delete the original folder
e. Verify your files in Steam, AoE2 game, Properties, Local Files.
f. Open the game again. A new user folder will be created.

If this works, then copy back the files from your old user folder. Those files are in the folder -C:\Users\YOUR_USER\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE<0>\Savegame, Recorded Games and Save games.

Let me know if that works!

I have the same problem as OG, but your manual didn’t work for me. IT actually restores my old account when I start Age again, even though Steam cloud is deactivated and both the 0 and the 123905123904723 folders are deleted. Still the same error. Any advice?

Not sure what could be happening. I recommend you to contact support:

https://support.ageofempires.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Good luck!