Old timers check in! We pretend it is 1998!

@ChampionVranesh said:
Dear God! I remember playing this game for hours! I hope they do the same thing for Age of Kings too! AOEII was by far my favorite! But still! Can’t freaking wait for this!

AOEII has already been done, you can get it on steam by looking for Age of Empires II HD

@SkySailor12 said:

@ChampionVranesh said:
Dear God! I remember playing this game for hours! I hope they do the same thing for Age of Kings too! AOEII was by far my favorite! But still! Can’t freaking wait for this!

AOEII has already been done, you can get it on steam by looking for Age of Empires II HD

Nahh its not the same… about the same graphics as the old one… ofcourse its better than the old… but not the same :slight_smile:

@BattedGeoduck36 said:
Hey everyone, Tim here… aka Shadows - big time DM/NS/Cho player from 99-06.
I CAN’T WAIT to play this game!

Sup shadows! HackZ here :smiley: Can’t wait to get AoE1 going again as well.

I got a strange looking cd when my father bought the new pc. It’s in english and I don’t speak english, I will try to find out what it is.

Oh man… I remember first playing AoE in 1998.
I was pretty young… but it truly blew my mind.
Age of Empires II: HD was a godsend.

The AOE discs are in the worst condition out of all just because i played them throughout the years like no other game xD

I remember having a screen this big in my room once, it looks so bad looking back at it.

It could be 1998. We have Doom, Wolfenstein, Quake… Nokia has re-released the 3310…

What else could we ask for XD

@MrTaufner said:
It could be 1998. We have Doom, Wolfenstein, Quake… Nokia has re-released the 3310…

What else could we ask for XD

Don’t forget we just got the new NES and a new Atari is announced! :lol:

My dad just got a new pc in 1997 and he played AoE with me. Along with Monkey Island, Age of Empires was my first PC Experience. I can’t remember the situations i played in, but back in 1997 these game had a special kind of magic for a 8 years old child. I destroyed many disk in the last 20 years, therefore i had to buy the game multiple times :smiley: I had the same problem with Anno 1602^^ Interestingly, my history marks in elementary school got better, because i read every history fact in the campain information :smiley:

catapult blitz or cavalry rush? :smile:

Hey guys, I have been waiting for a long time for this :slight_smile: I have always said Microsoft should remake this game ever since the Zone shut down. I only started playing in 1999 and finished when the Zone closed :frowning: , I just want the good old game back that i can play for years to come the only new feature I would like is clan support, instead of having to create a new zone account lol .

_Zx, KeenSmokeU17, Smokester17, Z_Truman_Gen and some others.

See you soon :slight_smile:

:smiley:

I lucked out and got this game with my new Gateway 2000 with the NeverhoOd and Monster Truck Madness. No more replaying that Egyptian demo for me!

I hope they put out a Y2K patch soon, it would be a shame for this game to stop working just a few years after release…

The demo disc came bundled with a PC Gaming magazine all the way back in…2002? 2003? for me.

I am scrolling om gamerevolution.com and I see this new RTS demo called ‘Age of Empires’… Since it’s smaller than other demo’s, I’ll check this one out… (took me a full day to download 30 mb though)

played ror trial multiplayer on msn gaming zones. made some good friends back then. the good old memories

I remember when I stole a CD from some friend for play it, my pc ran windows 98 SE in that times :’( :’( :’(

@KnownAsHackZ said:

@BattedGeoduck36 said:
Hey everyone, Tim here… aka Shadows - big time DM/NS/Cho player from 99-06.
I CAN’T WAIT to play this game!

Sup shadows! HackZ here :smiley: Can’t wait to get AoE1 going again as well.

Yessssss. I tried changing my username, it somehow defaulted to this. It worked on Xbox live but not here lol.

Up until I started playing AOE:Castle Siege, I still played AOE 3 on this computer. My old versions wouldn’t play on Windows 10. AOE 2 was my favorite of them all.

Those times, I remeber the demo, i think than you play against Regulus or something like that, or those multiplayer fights in the Zone.

Cool times