Old timers check in! We pretend it is 1998!

I remember when i was calling it "Age Of Vampires". :lol:
I first played AoE II on a Pentium III machine, then tried the original AoE. I’ve played a lot with the Scenario Editor, I should get my Pentium 100MHz (Packard Bell) and play some AoE. :smiley:

Saw this at E3 and I am so ready to play it!

@BaratusII said:
I remember when i was calling it "Age Of Vampires". :lol:
I first played AoE II on a Pentium III machine, then tried the original AoE. I’ve played a lot with the Scenario Editor, I should get my Pentium 100MHz (Packard Bell) and play some AoE. :smiley:

Hehe I can recall many times when people asked me what I like to play and when I said AOE they actually understood “vampires” :smiley:

Holy crap I am so excited for Definitive Edition AoE was a huge part of my childhood. I would play for hours and hours and never get bored. I 100% support this project!

My first Age of Empires game was AoE Conquerors trial version. I was a kid, I had no idea what to do but I kept coming back and finally learned the art of playing it.
Same case with Zeus (citybuilder) demo.

I tried it first time with trial edition which came with Windows98. It was my first game like that and I still play it. I still remember Opening Moves scenario and disappointment I’ve got when realized that there is no gold on my island… It’s Great Game!

I learned a lot about networking by trying to set up two PCs to play AoE together over IPX. Who knew where that would lead me…

@TestableWharf54 said:
I learned a lot about networking by trying to set up two PCs to play AoE together over IPX. Who knew where that would lead me…

Haha, I started my networking career thanks to LAN parties. Someone had to make the computers talk. Learned about TCP/IP, IPX, internet connection sharing, and port forwarding thanks to AoE and many other old games. :smile:

1997 in the house!!! I got it for my birthday as a 5 year old from my older brother, this game is near and dear to me!!! RTS’s rule.

AoE 1 was my first and absolute favorite game ever. Microsoft, you did the right thing.

Takes time portal back to 1998: I would play with you guys but I need to buy dial-up! I found this company named AOL that seems to supply it. Anybody know if they’re any good?

my AIM user is wololo2000

16MB of RAM for some history game?! This game must be some ploy set by Microsoft and RAM manufacturers to make us buy more memory!

In all seriousness though I still have the tower (and I do mean TOWER) computer I used to play the original AoE on.

I just got 10 cars and a baby on a tricycle to run through the enemy village.

HOLY CRAP! I just found out they’re rebuilding the game. This time I hope they get it right, not like the cheap job they did with the HD thinggy… bored at 20 min…

It is the good time to try my new HP Pavilion Pentium MMX PC…
Hopefully the system good enough to play this game…
Heard it was an awesome game from a good friend of mine

my gosh… is ‘Ball’ still alive in mouse?? when I used computer like that, I played DOOM too!

My original computer was a 286 on which I played Space Quest 1: The Sarien Encounter. When I first played Age of Empires it was a trial version of Rise of Rome on the Windows 95 CD. I have to admit that it was addicting almost instantly. I actually played the first mission without a goal to win because I wanted to make a sprawling neanderthal village. Of course at the time I was very young but I have very fond memories of eventually building up to better levels and getting my absolute favorite unit, the Long Swordsman. I didn’t know how to get them at the time so I used monks to convert them all from the other side and then I’d set one aside because that was ME! This makes me nostalgia out, to be honest, because there are so many memories associated with this game… even more the fact that my parents didn’t want me to play it because of the violence and war. XD

Definitely looking forward to this remaster!

I’m going to go dusting off my old computer HAHAHAHAHA!!! :smiley:

It was my FIRST VIDEO GAME!
I’ve played it with my father 1vs1. That feeling, when you can’t make que on barracks(=
AoE forever. I hope new version will have redactor and new missions. And it has chances to be a cybersport!

I actually played AOE II first. My family didn’t own a computer when the original came out. I remember my dad leaving the computer on overnight to download the 40 MB Age of Kings demo, and playing the William Wallace campaign. He eventually got the full version of the game which I played pretty much nonstop.

The next year I got my own computer for my birthday, then for Christmas I got the Age of Empires Collectors Edition. Going back to the original after playing the second game first was interesting, but despite the missing improvements the second game had, I really liked it.

Overall, I played a lot more AOE II and AOM, but I loved and spent hours upon hours in all of the Microsoft RTS games. I’ve been hoping (but honestly thought it would never happen) that they’d bring back the original. I can’t wait to play it!