On what makes sense for a possible European DLC

I’d say both Persia and Oman are worthy additions.

3 Likes

You know,for marketing reasons,the Korean market is very profitable and also for reasons of the saga itself…being choson in aoe 1 and the Koreans in aoe 2…because not put them also in aoe 3?..I also saw a leak of a Korean villager on steam and that the metropoli is called kaesong (the current Seoul).

Since The Asian Dynasties aoe 3 left aside the colonial theme… now in the aoe 3 DE it was decided to expand across different continents to bring great kingdoms and empires from the time of the game itself…

Yes,they’ll probably do it later when they’re done with the dlcs for aoe 2…

What? Where? Do you have any link?

Yes,that is why Hungary is a revolution for the HRE (Germans),Russia and the Ottomans…they were an independent kingdom until the Battle of Mohács in 1526;from that time Hungary was divided between the Ottomans and the Austrians (HRE)…then in 1804,in the midst of the Napoleonic Wars,the Austrian empire (1804-1867) was created.Finally the Hungarian revolution of 1848,where they are helped by the Russians and the Austro-Hungarian compromise of 1867,which gave rise to Austria-Hungary (1867-1918).They could appear if the developers put the Austrian empire in the game.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t know how to say well where I saw it,because I saw it in passing on reddit,but it was a Korean villager…if I find it again,I promise I pass them…

We will probably see like 15 European maps,as they did with the African dlc…

i dont think it is.

AOE 2 did not sell well in Korea despite them adding it SPECIFICALLY for that.

source

the devs didn’t wanna add them, microsoft forced them.

you mean the nationalist spamming person? it wasn’t a stream and they managed to only produce 1 picture which was from the Korean War museum, not from the game.

1 Like

I will glad to see the Germans being divided into Prussians and Austrians.
The current German civ similars to neither Prissians nor Austians. It is called Holy Roman but we know that the two tops of Holy Roman, Prussia and Austria, had their own sovereignty and usually fought each other. In my opinion, They should not be mixed into a single civ even since 2005.

For Poland, it may be better being an option of the revolution than a new complete civ since it had not continued to the 20th Century and hold lots of revolution to Russia and Prussia.
Less working to the dev and still keeping the unique feature.

I hope there will be new options so let every European civ have 4~5 options rather than 2~5.

• British: Ireland
  • French: the French Republic
    (the colony controlled by the French Republic after the French Revolution)
  • Dutch: Belgium
  • Ottomans: Greek
  • Germans: Poland, Bohemia (replace Hungary if Austrians introducing)
  • Russians: Poland, Kazakhstan (replace Hungary if Austrians introducing)
  • Swedish: Poland, Norway
  • If Austrians gets introducing: Poland, Hungary, Romania, Bohemia, Venice (Based on Italians maybe)
3 Likes

Well indeed the British Highlander fought in the Jacobite uprising of 1745.

i am against a German split for many reasons.

first of all we already got the faction, destroying it seems extremely unlikely, changing and reforming it seems to be a better idea. now you might say “but we just add them without touching germans” but then we have 3 german factions, that is getting to a point of being silly, while also having units and techs from those other factions in the original german civ.

then there is the fact we are currently missing other civilizations. sure you can argue that Poles might as well just be a revolution to other factions (i dont really think that makes sense but whatever) and you can argue that Italy in the period is made up of small relatively unimportant states in the periodes, but then what about denmark? which was both an actual empire, pretty large and had colonies, i think they deserve being in the game before any German split can even get to be talked about.

so yeah, i dont think a german split is a reasonable option, at least not atm, maybe if we have 6 more factions we can start to talk about it.

3 Likes

Yes,in fact they could make an asian dlc to put persia and korea and then a free dlc with Oman…although the Omanies I think already come out in the African dlc as a minor native alliance of the Ethiopians…

ah ok,it would have been my thing I guess…

i mean your english seems better than this
https://www.removeddit.com/r/aoe3/comments/p0wkaq/age_of_empires_iii_definitive_edition_koreans/

people are allowed to have their opinions, but there are no actual korean units in the game files.

I agree with the first 4 points…in fact the French republic can be put to symbolize the 3 French republics: the first (1792-1804),the second (1848-1852) and the third (1870-1940),but limit Poland to be a simple revolution,being the power they were at the time…it would be wasting a lot of potential,it would be like putting the Poles of the aoe 2 again inside the Teutons…about the Danes,I don’t care if they put them as if they didn’t,it’s not like they did too many things besides colonizing some caribbean islands,some coasts of Africa and some cities of India…

1 Like

Ah ok,then forget it…

i count more than 2 dosen wars. and this excludes the fact it was one of the leading navies of the world:

and then there is also the political, social and in particular scientific discoveries the country made.

1 Like

Splitting up the German civ should be at zero priority right now with some major representation from North/south africa, southeast asia and middle east absent.

5 Likes

South american representation is sorely missing too

2 Likes