(only) constructive feedback on AoE II RoR

I dont even think the lack of AoE2 content itself is the reason of the complaints. It is also the lack of communication. They first said things, changes their mind, and said other things. And then changed their minds again because people complaint about it. Just some examples:

• For a long time it was not clear if the old AoE1 campaigns were part of the DLC. First they said yes, then it was unclear and they said no in the end. And because of the complaints it now becomes “some” based on a voting for which one.
  • First Romans only game to single player and unranked. This was only announced pretty lately. After some major complaints they decided to tweak the civ after release so they will be suited for ranked as well.

These kind of things were just not well thought by the devs team and then also communicated strongly to the audience.

7 Likes

And now it’s still unclear whether the old campaign will be identical to their original versions or tweaked to look more like AoE2 campaigns.

Maybe this is just how AOE 1 was, but I find it incredibly frustrating to play. All the infantry units move at basically the speed of a Teutonic Knight. Legit slow as hell. Easily kitable by any sort of ranged unit. I really don’t like spending my time trying to run down individual slingers/composite bowman as the computer micros them in all directions. I haven’t had to deal with chariot archers yet, but I think that would be like…an impossible nightmare for infantry. Basically the barracks units need to be FASTER. If you want the academy units to trudge around and be the “slow but powerful” units then fine, but why are the barracks units just the exact same thing, but weaker?

Legionaries move at the speed of 1.2 which is the same as Composite Bowman.
Slingers only move at 1.0.

Archers are the counter to Infantry. You can’t expect to win against archers with a pure Infantry army.
The Romans have +1 range on Helepolis for a reason.
They are very strong in combination with Legionaries.

5 Likes

For me they would be like those of AoE 2, that is, with cinematics and being the same missions, but perhaps with some triggers inside… the RoR missions are not too far from those of 1 DE (except of course for cinematics and the triggers)…