Opinion on "The Golden League" Grand final?

And you think Beasty would like to have a pause function in AoE IV? ??!

This is RTS my friend.

why someone think that additional option is a bad thing?
I think everyone will wont.
But he streams now, go and ask.

A non-invasive pause is necessary in an RTS.

1 Like

This is a necesary function i agree. And a reconnect function.

I watch Sc2 tournaments as well and there the function is used sometimes as a time-out especially for lag isues as SC2 is macro intensive.

And once you implement the function you can set the timer and the number of uses/ match not to be abusive.

1 Like

Tournament is ok. But the price pool is by far to high. The money would be better spend for various modding events like Aussie Drongo did with reasonable prices. This would actually give the game more content and make it better.

This is speculation but i believe sponsorship money in some countries are tax deductable.

So companies prefer to use a part of money for sponsorship purpose. So if the price pool is reduced the money does not go into development but other sponsorship activities.

They could better sponsor various modding events with reasonable prices. This would help make the game better with new content. Look at the Aussie Drongo event with generated maps. So many cool maps were developed with a price pool of 1000 Dollar. Imagine what would be possible with more of this kind of modding events. The game would have much more content.

I watch this event by Aussie Drongo. The Outback Octagon with a prise pool of 10k.

Details here: The Outback Octagon - Liquipedia Age of Empires Wiki

I realy like the FFA format. And alot of the prise pool comes from World’s Edge (Microsoft)

• Comunity comming together and suporting events does much more in the long run than a big sponsorship.

at least they are not massing siege units. Massing single units does not seem like a problem for me.