Opinions on Swedes

Yeah but does the caroleans new charge ability works? I was able to test it just one time, but to me it seems that 90s cool down for an ability of just 8 seconds seems too much for too little.

They are still not okey. They spam torps, spam infantry and push ages. Its stupid. Torps should have much less hitpoints.

I think that they have more HP because they also costs more, but yes, I agree that they should be at the level of a house at least.

Maybe with a card in the third age that buff the torps HP, at that time I don’t think it will be a problem destroying them.

Torps cost only 115 wood. Thats really not su much for such massive safe eco boom. Give them 500 hitpoints, reduce the gathering speed. All those stuff could be increased with ages and cards.

Now its just easy… While aging to Colonial age, spread out villages around map near mines and spam houses and spam infantry. GG.

Well, 500 HP it’s too little, a house have 1200, torps now have 1500, I think that 1000HP is enough.

Before iron works and blackberries they don’t gather a that fast, except from hunt, which is usually difficult to micro.
Also now you have to squeeze in one more torp for mine, so it more difficult to spread across the map and to manage them.

Well caroleans were nerfed, but I think that more training time for the wouldn’t hurt…

i think 500 Hp is fine. That could force player defend them and also this could stop stupid spam around map, because you could easily lose them from raiding groups.

About caroleans… For me they are not problem.Swedes are wining because they can get fast massive eco and just with that crush the enemy.

Just try to play as swedes…They are really easy to play. But who plays against them gets frustrated.

If you want to build healthy community - such nonsenses should resolved fast as possible, because people going just walk away from such stupid game with broken things. Its not fun to play and lose against swedes.

If you want to slow down the spam then maybe it’s better to increase their costs.
I don’t even think that there is a building with that few HP in the game, and it would mean that swedes would become so vulnerable to raids that they wouldn’t be able to train units or send shipments.

Yeah but japs, britons, such, all of them have similar meccanics.

I agree that they need some tweaks, but now that iron work has been reduced, I think that you would have a lot of less gold at disposal, you may even need to put some vills on gold.

For food you will always need vills on that resource, and for wood they are basically useless, so I don’t see them as much broken.

BlockquoteI agree that they need some tweaks, but now that iron work has been reduced, I think that you would have a lot of less gold at disposal, you may even need to put some vills on gold.

Instead thinking, go play a bit :slight_smile: Im talking from gaming expierence - swedes still has no problems, i can place 0 vills on gold and spam infantry very early and push through ages.

Nothing personal, but your opinion is meaningless, if you only ,thinking’’ instead playing them.

I’ve been using Sweden since the release of the game and while I am not that good, I can tell you they have potential. Torps are absolutely a must but I think you already know that, on maps where gold mines aren’t as abundant as on others, it’s more difficult to torp it up unless you control a large portion of the map. I don’t know why people complain about Torps when Japanese can shrine boom in a very similar fashion and no one bats an eye, at least from what I see.

Caroleans are good but like any Heavy Infantry unit, they can be countered. You need Falcs or Cavalry, depending on the situation. Late game I think you rely a lot on Mercs and make sure you’ve got a healthy villagers pop because you’re likely gonna run out of mines.

Oh and the Blackberry card is a must.

What I usually do is ship the Blackberry card first, then wood if needed to build more torps, then Ironworks.

1 Like

I usually send first the 3 Vills, then blackberries, then iron works/700 wood, depending on the situation.

I also try to have other card, like the ones that ships 4 torps, or the one that allows for them to receive and gather crates.

There is also one that ship a torp to each member of the team if I’m not mistaken… I’m still not sure if it’s worth or not thought…

Please be respectful towards other players and stay on topic. Be open to experimenting and trying different things out in game to prove out ideas and thoughts.

Torps seem to gather from crates quickly. I set a torp for my HC drop-off point and forget about collecting crates. It’s kinda nice.

Germany does not have musketeers, so it needs professional troops to counter the opponent, but the Karl Expeditionary Army is too versatile. With light cavalry, leather guns and mortars, it can cope with most occasions. There is no need for mercenaries.

Remove Falconet!This is a necessary sacrifice
If you want artillery in Sweden, you can still use cards to train mortars and artillery early

1 Like

My personal experience playing with and against swedes.
You kinda need to force them to stay in age 2 to begin with.
So “rushing” them quite early helps.
Though you can still follow them/fight them in age 3 but vet caroleons+falc ships early can be a pain to deal with.

I’ve found that dealing with them and being dealt with going for torps to kill them and reduce resource gathering is a bust. You’re better off raiding and killing Swedes villagers. Thén if you have the option or space to do so, kill nearby Torps as well. But meh, Killing villies is one of the fast ways to win if you ask me.

On my personal opinion, I love the design of the civ.
However they do feel a bit too strong at the moment.
The best change for then right now would be to remove their option to age up to fortress with the exiled prince(the fast age option) for the fact that they can get such a big economy and can quickly add canons to such a big carolean mass.
This would allow their design to remain the same and keep their caroleans and their torps as it is.

1 Like

Caroleans are BS because every musketeer should have a charge like that. Pisses me off that historical accuracy suffers on things like this. That is one of the main thing this game needs is a worthwhile speed boost. Drummer advanced arsenal sucks and is totally worthless.