Opinions on the Donjon?

there was a time when tower rush was meta, and according to most, the game wasn’t very engaging. Now, tower rush is in a good spot. It’s situational, but not a losing strat per se. I wouldn’t like it to be as good of an opening as drush, the game would be boring imo.

That’s why Donjon/Serjeant mechanic is flawed at its core.
They don’t want tower rush to be good, then proceed to create Donjon/Serjeant combination.
That’s a concept fail imho, and it’s no surprise that Donjons are almost not used at all.

there is also campaign, and potentially in the late game Donjons can serve as defense.

i’m fairly shure the tactic is already not trash, and a small buff to serjeants would be enough to make both donjon and serj a true bonus. maybe even making serjeants shooting arrows in donjon to enhance their bond would be cool

if nothing can be done, then devs should consider add watch tower alone for feudal defense as atm, they die pretty hard to a feudal tower rush

In the late game donjons are trebbed/rammed down so easily it’s not even funny.
They have the same HP as barracks, give it or take it, but while you can spam barracks, you can’t really spam Donjons at 175 stone each.
The campaign can be won with knight spam alone, since you mostly face camels, cataphracts, camel archers and genoese Xbows their bonus damage reduction and high pierce armor really shines combined with mobility.
I never used Serjeants, Donjons just for coastal defense, expecially the last map.

I envision it more as protection vs Arbalest/Hussar raids. It’s niche but not 100% useless. They do fire multiple arrows in Imperial still.

Yeah in Castle/Imperial they are decent and i agree, it’s feudal age that is more problematic imho

I still think adding Watch tower alone(no upgrades) would help making the donjon feel like truly a bonus and less a liability