Option to hide enemy scores in real time

Reading the score and manipulating it is tactical, better press f4 to hide it whenever you start a game, instead of asking to remove it for everyone else, go play aoe4 that game is beautiful, lots of players, game modes events and it has no score, leave aoe2 and its score alone, thx.,

Or maybe you can go to play Conquerors in voobly, where wall scouting, mango deleting and other exploits are there for you.

I agree that seeing game score kinda breaks immersion, but

1. We do have lots of things that breaks immersion more, do you think small trees / xbows dancing around ballistics are intended / not “weird” in some sense as well?
  2. It prob helps immersion by removing score, but please remember this is a 20 years game, and the score is one of the iconic mechanics of aoe2 (as opposed to mangonel trick, delete stagger tree…). At least to me, I feel like some kind of nostalgia are lost if the score is removed.
3 Likes

IMO the quick walling is the most annoying thing in the game and the biggest thing that breaks the immersion.
Devs should do something to nerf the quick walling, it became so boring and annoying.

2 Likes