Original AoE music designer approves of the new music

Stephen Rippy was the music designer for Ensemble Studios and worked on the music for all the AoE games. He voiced his approval when I asked for his thoughts on the new remastered music for the Definitive Edition:

His work is legendary. I have no idea why they didn’t contact him to make music for this release.

The best kind of approval <3

Stephen Rippy is a genius :slight_smile: Glad to see he approves, gives me high hopes for the rest of the stuff.

Wonderful!!! The approval of the
original composer !!

@GepardenKalle said:
His work is legendary. I have no idea why they didn’t contact him to make music for this release.

Well, he already made the music for it. Doubt he’d be thrilled of people asking him to retouch his own finished work.

Good but not enough drums in the new musics. its more age of empire 3 than age of empire 1. there is no more soul, no more story that tells you " its the beggining of humanity lets get to war"
the aoe1 soundtrack was a masterpiece because the instruments used where what we expected to exist by then. it was immersion. you can imagine the music coming from your villagers
the music now is “good work” but it can fit any game or movie.
if at least they could get back vibrating and deeps drums… i would be satisfied.

orchestra in tool age seriously…
mpreover they seems to have moxed up several evolved culture instrument. ok we get that they want to reflect the differents cultutes but we are getting lost.

what is good with stone age is that every tribe had the sames instruments : drums

Computer in stone age seriously.

@Amphiprion said:

Computer in stone age seriously.

u never stop trolling.

@“Rafa Sheep” said:

@GepardenKalle said:

Well, he already made the music for it. Doubt he’d be thrilled of people asking him to retouch his own finished work.

Depends, Dan Wentz retouched his legendary music for Freespace and Descent. Even though nobody official asked him, just fans

u never stop trolling.
Only you :wink: .

the new remake music isn’t bad but can’t be compared with the MIDI music.