OS Exclusivity

Rather than make a bunch more comments, let’s just gathering everything in one place.

I will happily spend $ and $ and $ on the Civilization and Total War series - new games, DLC, expansions, etc. - because they are available on Steam AND because they run on my Windows 8 laptop. AoE2 also is available on Steam and runs on Windows 8. My wallet is a gold farm for companies who make games that run on Windows 8.

AoE DE only runs on Windows 10. So I’m not going to play it because a $20 nostalgia game is not worth the hassle of fussing with a new OS that I have to pay even more for. Had they released it for both OS, I wouldn’t even mind it not being on Steam that much. But because I literally can’t play it right now, I’m not going to purchase it.

So that’s it. That’s really the only thing I want to say in this community. I don’t care what people have to say about Windows 10. I don’t care what people’s opinions are about my buying choices or OS choices or about MS corporate strategy. None of that matters. All that matters is that the choice by MS to make this game Windows 10 only, unlike all the other new games I play, results in me not purchasing anything from their company. That’s the only fact that matters.

Goodbye, and I hope people who can play this game enjoy it.

@Geffalrus said:
Rather than make a bunch more comments, let’s just gathering everything in one place.

I will happily spend $ and $ and $ on the Civilization and Total War series - new games, DLC, expansions, etc. - because they are available on Steam AND because they run on my Windows 8 laptop. AoE2 also is available on Steam and runs on Windows 8. My wallet is a gold farm for companies who make games that run on Windows 8.

AoE DE only runs on Windows 10. So I’m not going to play it because a $20 nostalgia game is not worth the hassle of fussing with a new OS that I have to pay even more for. Had they released it for both OS, I wouldn’t even mind it not being on Steam that much. But because I literally can’t play it right now, I’m not going to purchase it.

So that’s it. That’s really the only thing I want to say in this community. I don’t care what people have to say about Windows 10. I don’t care what people’s opinions are about my buying choices or OS choices or about MS corporate strategy. None of that matters. All that matters is that the choice by MS to make this game Windows 10 only, unlike all the other new games I play, results in me not purchasing anything from their company. That’s the only fact that matters.

Goodbye, and I hope people who can play this game enjoy it.

Good luck. :slight_smile: we will miss you.