Other formations

I was thinking it would be cool to have wedge and double column formations. These are usefully to counter other formation and defensive. Imagine going up against onager and swapping to wedge or some one using colum and you split to double colum and surrounding them. Or a formation that mix the units together so you could have one cav paired with swordsman it would make the game more dynamic. Just an idea. What cool formations would you like to see.

1 Like

There should be some actually useful formations that you have to make use of and give you clear advantages.
Not like in aoe3 where every single of them is useless and nobody ever uses them.

3 Likes

Yeah formations that give units a minor boost would be cool, for example if an infantry unit goes into shield mode, they take reduced damage from arrows but move slower and have reduced damage, this would be interesting because you would have a few infantry as the front line to tank arrow shots for your high dps units to do the killing.

1 Like

I would love to see a few more formations make it in. Maybe a chevron type formation or even a box or encircle formation. Truly I’m not even super picky about what formations, just some that have some basis in reality and lead to more variety. Some columns or a line formations that are not as wide and more layered. I would also like the ability to flip asymmetrical formations like the wedge, so you could go point first or flat first depending on the situation. I like the idea of a tight and loose option also. I know that the formations are not make or break things for how a match goes but it sure looks cool when everything is all positioned and ready for battle haha. Really enjoying the game so far and I’m looking forward to future civ’s and maps and maybe even some more campaigns.

1 Like