Ottoman age 2 landmarks feel underwhelming and become useless later on (Math)

Ottoman trade network landmark:

one trader 28 gold/min

fully upgraded villager 60 gold/min
and the trader properly trading gets u even more

this landmark become pointless mid/late game
the only use i see for this landmark is if u run out of gold and need safe passive income

it would be nice if it had some kind of passive buff or techs
maybe even reduce the 30% tax u get from sending resources to allies, or reducing it to them as well
making it more of a teamwork landmark

Twin minaret medrese landmark:
free mill free food, it nice in early game but quickly falls off late game
late game u can only put 3 villagers on it, or it will deplete too quickly and villagers will just stand still looking pretty

3 villagers on this landmark 195-225 Food/min
1 villager average 70 Food / Min

3 villagers on mils farming 135-165 Food/Min
1 villager average 50 Food / Min

210 - 150 = 60 Food per min
the only landmark bonus that last in the endgame is the extra 60 Food / min
meaning it can save you one villager worth of gathering in mills + 10 Food / min

possible improvement? add fertilizer upgrade in imperial that will increase the berries resource amount

i tested this math in game but i might be wrong, if im wrong correct me and i will edit if so
have a good day

5 Likes

ok by this logic then english LM s need to be buffed

for the life of me i can not understand how people are so blind to how good ottos are?? im so sick of seeing these threads, this place has literally become a graveyard thanks to you guys

i hope you are all proud of yourselves (all 5 of you or how ever few there are)

3 Likes

ok by this logic then english LM s need to be buffed

2 archery ranges is not good enough for early & late game?
abby or any other bad lankmark yes it should be buffed or reworked, it irritating to always pick the same one landmark everytime regardless of situation, even if it presented as a choice

for the life of me i can not understand how people are so blind to how good ottos are?? im so sick of seeing these threads, this place has literally become a graveyard thanks to you guys

i hope you are all proud of yourselves (all 5 of you or how ever few there are)

oh i’m sorry i didn’t realize i hurt your feelings by providing feedback to the devs

tip of advice, this is the internet, not everyone is going to have the same opinion as you, if you cant stand it then you shouldnt be here, or simply just ignore it

im not turkish, but i hate to see new civs turned into delhi 2.0

Edit: Thanks for flagging my comment, clearly it means you are right

1 Like

i only agree with trade landmark it can also make the traders cheaper or created faster but food lanmark is good thats what you need at the early game and they also have military schools so they dont need too much eco help

1 Like

I think both landmarks are good. Not S tier by any means, but decent. They both give an economic boost in feudal when Ottomans can benefit most from ramping up into aggression. Most feudal landmarks, except for the truly S tier ones like Golden Gate or Aachen Chapel, drop off in usefulness by late game because…they are feudal landmarks.

Choosing one vs the other will depend on map and opponent civ. Sometimes the safe food supply, especially if you can drop it next to existing berries and hunt is what you need and other times the passive gold income with option of going market traders later is the better choice.

In terms of wood savings, the market is obviously better vs a glorified mill and a market is useful all game. At 6 traders inside, I think it works out to 160 gpm, or the equivalent of 2 relics.

2 Likes

the problem those 6 traders cost 6 population, if it was just passive i would agree with u, those 6 traders are better off trading in market in late game

1 Like