Ottoman fast industrial is beyond broke

Nice flex? I’ll direct you to my first point. You dont play ethos you dont have any clue what youre talking about… outboom ottomans? Lmao. It’s annoying player like you who think they know it all. My elo was 1260 before endless rush civ nerfs. its becuase players like you use legacy civs and moan endlessly when the rush is too much for you until devs nerf them. Ottomans V Ethiopians is a guaranteed win for Ottomans. If you think differently you use Ethiopian and I’ll use ottmans. My handle is listed in the pics. we can play any time 2005 player.

again you dont use ethopains so what do you know? Why do players who dont use the civ theyre talking about think their points are valid? lmao. This game is not normal by any means. The ottoman player was not good and did not use the right units throughout the game. You think one example of a lopsided game disproves the point? There are more likes of this thread than disagreements by the trolls who don’t play ethopians. Whats your Ethiopian lvl? lol Drop it in the chat.

I would like to defend the author of the post a bit, saying that he is somewhat right (although yes, he needs to learn to deal with these things). It is very difficult to enter the Ottoman base, thanks to the large number of TCs, forts and defenses that you can accumulate relatively quickly, certain civilizations without a fast enough FF and with the shipment of 2 falconets it costs a lot to beat this class of strategies (more than half of civilizations). I think it’s time for a hard nerf against the Ottoman FI, removing the 1000 gold ship or the exiled prince. And in extreme cases, eliminating one of the 2 Ottoman factories (Formerly, in the original game, if I remember correctly, together with Spain it was a civilization that could only send one factory, then in the TAD 2 factories were added), it would not be crazy considering that Malta and Italy have access to only one factory.

On the other hand, the Barbary states deserve a good nerf too, adjusting the Barbary warrior and increasing its price would be reasonable.

Edit= It seems that the Ottomans always had two factories, I confused them with Spanish and Russian

6 Likes

They cant do both, either they rush or FI. So if you spot your enemy with a lot of Age 4 cards you should rush as fast as possible.

What makes you think that was a lopsided game? the otto player was trying to go for a FI build with the defenses like you described and was even prepping for a revolt but got disrupted by raids while the ethiopian player expanded their eco and got an age 4 timing to completely disrupt their build.

Even then the otto player managed to beat them back several times, had their own raids and even rebuilt their eco twice while still maintaining the abus mass. while the ethiopian player had definitely more calm play I would chalk that more to them knowing the counter to the build order.

I play ethiopia for fun and team so 70 btw but even before that the elo gap between us is like 400-500 so the ethiopian level is like the least of your problems

Like I am not saying that otto is not strong (and the revolt is definitely busted) but the an FI build is disruptatble and you do have a chance

2 Likes

1260 elo is a low rating. Probably not a good idea to be challenging people to play.

3 Likes

Whoa we got a real badass over here. Hate to tell you but 1260 puts you in a upper percentile of players.

Lots of people on here will be way higher rating than you (and me). Watch some players on Twitch to see what good players look like.

It’s above average but by no means high level.

Well I’m 1400 and got whipped by a 1500 china player last night. I cleaned the floor with him several times and he was totally outplayed. He still won in the end not from skill but the inevitability of the Chinese meat lame. These numbers you assign so much value to are only valid in a balanced game not the one we have.

Winning a fight isn’t everything though, chinese units trade well so they may lose a fight but have lost less resources worth of units than you.

I’ve been playing malta a lot and I lose lot’s of xbow but they cost 80 res each, get 2% hp per card and have 4 cards + arsenal upgrades which let’s them trade super efficiently and you almost never drain res.

3 Likes

china and also russia will slowly win as long as they are trading well so unless you win the fight decisively that will be the outcome.

I managed to win against a 1500 japan player basicaldy with the same logic (in that case they also never contested map control and tp) but they still out gathered me but purely on efficiency you can win

2 Likes

Oh no what will I ever do if lose? Probably go cry in the basement. You think im scared of a game? This community is cringe

Stating my old elo was 1260 before recent nerfs was a reference point. But the fact you think I care what percentile in made me laugh a little. Its a game not a rating on life. lmao

@EliteRiflemann finally a unbiased opinion. But no I dont need to learn to deal with it. The ottto v ethopian matchup is dramatically lopsided in favor of ottmans. Im glad other player see it as well. Rush civs like Ethopains have no counters to 2 TPs 1 fort 2 outposts and freeeeee vills that the ottmans can roll out in under 10 mins. A good ottoman player… nay even an amateur player will have the advantage over rush civs like Ethiopians 100% of the time. Not to mention how badly ethopains are against ottoman units. Sipahi horseman wipe the floor with Ethiopians, then you have the Mamalukes, and cav units that really make countering ottomans impossible

1 Like

Since the ELO gap is so significant you should have no problem beating me as Ethiopians. We can play tonight just name the time and title of the match!

Could care less about you. Just saying that people shouldn’t be slandered just because of a bogus number.

2 Likes

Slandered? Should we dual at dawn? lmao. Im calling out BS. If you dont play Ethiopians I don’t want to hear your opinion on them. Take a look at the thread far more people agree that Ottoman FI is broke than those who disagree in the comments. My question is why do you like camping so much and why don’t you go play age 4 so we can rebalance age 3 to NOT favor camping?

Guys, I strongly urge you to focus on the discussion and avoid disrespecting each other. Thank you very much

6 Likes

I want to make a distinction between the Revolt build ,which is broken I want to emphasise and a normal FI where the Otto player is just getting to age 4 quickly and spamming defenses, cause those are 2 very different thing.

The revolt will need to be fixed, that is for sure but just the otto player defending up and going to age 4 is not a terribly broken thing and there are counters. Otto cant even make 4 tcs in age 3 anymore since they lost the age 3 tc wagon card.

If you want to play, that is fine, wat is your timezone? i will also need to brush up on my ethiopia

2 Likes