Ottomans are in Desparate Need of a Buff

I think they are also too weak against rushes with their slow start and as such, whenever a building takes damage, they spaw 12 minutemen. 20s cooldown.

4 Likes

I think to make this civ a little more historically accurate, we should give janissaries a small chance to convert an enemy unit into a janissary upon killing, like chinese do with disciples.

Would be just a minor change imo

7 Likes

Ottomans cover a total amount of 0 AoE1 civs. People and territory are two completely different things. Turkic peoples didn’t reach Anatolia until the middle ages and AoE1 has 0 Turkic civs.

1 Like

Shouldn’t Janissaries receive a ranged grenade attack, or maybe a charged hand cannon or abus gun attack?

12 Likes

I’m fairly certain deli should trickle food, I mean they’re delis

13 Likes

Don’t forget 1 pop slot skirmishers called Tüfekçi. They are cheaper than most other Skirmishers and not quite as good as an Abus gun. Maybe even the option to upgrade Azap to Levends or Sekban, replacing their bow with a gun, drastically increasing damage and their anti cavalry multiplier.

4 Likes

Cmon lets not tread the same tired ground.

You know what we dont have in this game? An infantry that dismounts into horse artillery.
We will simply have a card that allows them to stance shift into horse artillery. To further the niche this artillery will also counter goons and hussar types. It will also let jans “double dip” into arsenal and native techs for janissaries to help their notoriously bad scaling as a musketeer. I suggest to offset this card we add 5 coin to janisary base cost, I know its steep but lets start cautiously. I know the 5 coin increase made abus unplayable but with so many patches inbound plenty of time to course correct.

13 Likes

This is excellent but I’d probably suggest adding a stance that allows them to become culverins and petards

8 Likes

Reusable petards with the stats of Germany’s Nitro Petards.

8 Likes

exactly (20 characters)

3 Likes

Just like quaker guns, but we’ll have to buff them since they’ll cost more than quaker guns.

Since the Ottoman are turkic people, and turkic people ancestor is a nomads, they should not need the house and start with 200 pop space since the start

6 Likes

But if they were nomadic, that means hunter gathers, right? So actually the free 200 population must take the form of off-camera factory houses that each produce 1f, 1c, and 1w per second. Aka a passive trickle of 20 food, wood and coin.

2 Likes

This is completely unrelated to the time period AoE3 covers.

And Yorüks already represent the nomads that did exist in this time period.

Just give the jannies machine guns and BOOM! Ottomans are perfectly balanced.

Good point! They do so little damage at range it’s really an issue. I think a RoF of 0.01 should fix this issue!

3 Likes

Considering how popular coffee was in the ottoman empire, it stands to reason that they would get their own version of coffee mill guns.

7 Likes

Coffee mill Abus? Abus with 0.5 RoF!

2 Likes

Absolute bullshit.
200 pop are supposed to fit into 20 houses? Make that 250 because of vacation homes and give according trickle

3 Likes

To further reflect their nomadic past, the Ottomans should also be given the Camp Movement card from Lakota to allow them to pack-up and move their buildings. Or maybe even skip the card and make it a civ bonus.

2 Likes