Over-zealous ban feature bans me before game starts

Game Version:

• Build: 101.101.56005.0 7694700
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: Tabletopsidekick

Issue:

I launch the game, select ranked queue and select games for 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4. I am not in a party with any friends or other people. I search for a game. The timer ticks by as usual and eventually it states that I have found a game.
The players I will be playing with connect and I see the “pre game lobby” (where I select my civ and wait to click ready for the game). Then after 5-10 seconds it will state that I have disconnected and am subject to a ban of X minutes. I have not ALT-F4’d or tried to quit at all.
My internet is stable as I this issue has occured when I have been streaming / playing music / on voice comms and totally isolated.

Reproduction Steps:

Select 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4 games in the ranked menu and wait for a game to be found.

ATTACHMENTS:

N/A

2 Likes

Probably the same for me, I posted it here: Matchmaking freeze, then quit, then ban because of quit - #3 by szotyesz29

To any support people that read this, I have used WireShark to check packet traffic when a crash occurs and happy to pass it over on request. Not a fan of uploading it publicly so just PM me if this gets investigated.

Hello, this is luckily already tracked issue, thanks for the report nonetheless.

If you have the minidump file please send it to me, so we investigate your crash :slight_smile:

Having the same issue, am at a 19 hour ban at the moment…