Patch in right direction. Siege still an issue and needs fixed

I think cav counters siege well. I feel like late game spears are too strong against cav especially horsemen. Horsemen damage do not scale that well but counter damage does.

see for yourself, the siege is not the problem, the problem is not mastering the game and 1v1

2 Likes

Says about a tourney where all IMP battles were decided basicily ONLY by massed siege (I hope u saw that HRExRUS game on Mongolian heights) where Leenock could do a ****** against Beastys 10 spingalds and 10 mangos :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Leenock made too many mistakes. Almost no production buildings (120 queued MAA) and made MAA against streltsy and mangonels. So no suprise that he did nothing against it. Sending MAA into its counter is prime example of bad play. He had so many resources for mass knights & horsemen & scouts that would easily win him the battle.

What do you think this video even shows? There’s like three siege units there swept up by a bigger army primarily made up by mass of knights. This has so little similarity to the kinds of team game and massed siege that people in here are talking about.

1 Like

please watch the whole game, Mista hid his cavalry and attacks him from the rear, the game is about thinking and executing a plan

LOL, most matches ended bcse of siege superiority.
Sieges are broken.
Horsemen do little and cost too much to counter sieges as pikemen would just annihilate them.
Knights are too expensive to suicide as they deal exact same dmg as horsemen.

You know little about AOE4…

3 Likes

Bro am not talking about this situation … am talking about fact that sieges are IV age must have … if enemy has tons of siege and u dont OR u simply have worse siege to counter his siege (mainly problem against RUS rn and in past against China as well) u know u lost the game and it does not matter what u try to do.

In team games its of course a lot worse for obvious reasons

Twitch 6h40mins and so on … watch yourself

And this is gameplay from BEST players we have out there.

sooo

2 Likes

perhaps, is there no espingardas? against siege, and archers against lancers! By God!

Dont u even try to give some advices when even TOP10 players struggle against massed siege in age IV and they mention that specially its problem with RUS because long range springs+no setup time mangos+trebs.

But yeah … every decent player or somebody who knows something about RTS could see this as a problem even in teamgames already during November

aka I have 20 strelzy + 10 mangos + 10 springalds?

Nobody can stop me with anything

Not even HRE with their 120 popcap army against mine 80

Do u think Horses/Knights would do better against strelzy and mangos? Oh hell no.

All what we need is to make different popcap for sieges from 4 to 6

AND PROBLEM IS SOLVED in all modes from 1v1 to 4v4 and on all ELO ranges.

1 Like

the pros have made suggestions and they will, Marine has already given proposals that have been listened to, I also want a balanced game, what I dislike is the complaints that “because I lose in 4v4 everything is wrong”

Being TOP10 does not mean that they play perfectly. Most of their games end before imperial. They have much less practice in Late Imperial fights and game. And even in non imperial games you can notice a weaknesses in their game, dont make them perfect gods that should be worshiped as balance opinion gods.

So if whole strategy of a player is around spamming MAA into meatgrinder, he does not deserve to win. They both had 110 pop for military and being on offense means that Streltsy, Mangonels and Springalds cant reinforce instantly. So it was about 50 streltsy against 10 Mangonels 10 Springalds ± few cannons/trebs at some points ± few other units. If you have about 20-30 stables you can easily flank him with horseman&scouts and follow up with knights to kill streltsy. Leaving siege unable to defend itself. Siege cant kill cavalry units effectively as they can kill infantry. Also once you clear that deathball cavalry is most effective to get into enemy base and prevent another deathball from being formed.

Or you can send MAA into meatgrinder and complain how deathball is OP, without trying different approaches for 20 minutes, loosing any advantage you had from being HRE vs RUS… Because 180HP MAA is definitely better at closing gaps vs 270HP Knight or 180HP Horseman…

Team games are mess and they will stay as mess due to larger variation of what you can do without throwing a game, when you are supported by 1 to 3 teammates you will always find another single unit spam to victory.

BTW I agree with nerfing siege popcap or any other nerf/buff to specific siege units & their counters to make it less oppressive, so its not so hard to counter… Rus instant setup might require change or nerfing other siege bonuses they get as well.

In this specific case we are seeing a Rus with a Springald that is the best in the game due to its range and that allows it to do a lot of mangonels.

I also tell you that Leenock did not have enough anti-siege and I think that the culverin must have a little more range.

The best E-sports games are balanced with pros or ex-pros.

There should be some kind of council of 10 pro 1v1 players and 10 pro team players and they should have a lot of say in balance decisions.

1 Like

Pros and ex-pros/streamers are in active discussion with developers so they are definitely using their input to balance the game. (Which happens behind closed doors, creating that strange feeling where we are left out of discussion or seeing what is discussed at all) But you still need also data from non-pro players to keep game enjoyable across all skill levels as they try more different strategies, then small group of players that is playing isolated from the majority for most of the time.

Okay … am just end my comments in here and let you living in your dreams

Oh for sure yes … this worked in your last 3v3 game against rank 30k so I can apply it everywhere …

Okay … :slight_smile:

Pls stop beeing absolutely out of reality … Every pros. Every good player in teamgames (including me) keep telling how cancerous it is in age IV specially NOW against RUS.

Viper, Grubby, Demuslim and a lot of more players. I saw their games on ladder against RUS in age IV … no chance to beat them untill they fucked up totally which almost never happens among top players …

I dont say that Leenock did everything right. Am just saying that there was nothing to do for him even … nobody could stop that massed siege with anything

3 Likes

Best springals + best mangos (no setup time) + best handcanooners (strelzy) in the game. Yeah seems like very balanced combination.

2 Likes

Siege weapons need minimum range, be slower, and take significantly longer to pack/unpack, with their current state most are just too mobile and easy to mass and treat like a normal army. The nest of bees need a serious rebalance, if the enemy even has a couple they just melt massive groups of units, even cavalry in spread formation.

1 Like

It is true, the Springald and the Streltzy have to be adjusted.

Hopefully they fix the horrible balance of this game soon, especially siege. I haven’t been playing it much because of the balance issues and amount of idiots I get teamed up with.