Patch notes 2023/02/23 where?

Ah. Okay. Maybe we will get the patch again within 2 weeks.

Except that one of the map is played 3x more than other. I’m not saying Bengalis don’t have a place in the game. Just saying they can get buff for open maps and can still be balanced in Arena.

Yeah really weird. They can’t make a valid point without putting words in other people’s mouth and strawmanning. They blame devs for being biased towards classical civs while they absolutely don’t want a new civ having 45%-55% W/R in both Arabia and Arena. LUL.

1 Like

how would you buff Bengalis on open maps without making them broken on Arena? Already now they have Burgundians-like eco on Arena with an extremely deadly late Imp comp in the form of Elephant Archers, and once gold runs out, a full trash spam (they have FU Skirms and Halbs without last armor) that they can do from more pop than the enemy (due to Mahayana). They even have FU Light Cav, which is excellent for raiding, compared to Hussar you are only missing +15 HP so basically you only die a bit faster to Halbs and that’s it.

This not to mention their clowning capabilities in the form of 2x Monastery etc.

Yeah same as Turks.

Thanks for making a Turks without horse which no one asked for.

I can make a thread if you want. Or you can do it asking the same question on the title. Surely there will be some great ideas. I also have some in my mind.

You think each civ should be good on Arabia and Arena. I think that’s impossible to achieve without turning every civ into a bland version of something like Byzantines that is basically, wide tech tree and can play any strat.

You can have the game either be slightly asymmetrical like now, or you can have each civ be 50% winrate on each map. Both are not possible simultaneously imo.

just list your ideas shortly to gauge the scope of the changes.

I don’t think so.

We don’t have that many civs that are quite polar opposite in closed vs open maps. Bohemians wil be okay after the Houfnice nerf and may not be OP even if gets a buff as long as Houfnice nerf is reverted or getting another monk bonus. This left us only Turks, Bengalis and maybe Malay on strong Arena but weak Arabia side. For weak Arena but strong Arabia, Tatars is probably only polarized one. Maybe you can add Huns and Berbers too. Rest are okay as a buff for Magyars, Goths, Malians, Persians, Vietnamese (no idea why they have the lowest W/R in arena currently) don’t grant a nerf on Arabia as none are strong pick on Arabia anyway.

Yeah that’s impossible. I asked my desired W/R. 45%-55% in Arabia which is not hard if we ignore Arena tbh. And I’m okay with 43%-57% in Arena. However currently we have the opposite. Minimum 45% Arabia should be the highest priority followed by maximum 57% Arena.

Monks +3/+3 armor → Monk, spear, skirm +20% HP. Need to calculate numbers before making it final. Will create a thread after a while.

1 Like

Seems like solid nerfs for OP civs, but i would love some buff to underperforming or boring civs

Very patch seem like a missed opportunity to at least do something with some civ

3 Likes

The whole patch is weird. Buff for a civ like Berbers (one of the best civs in the game), nerf for the Bohemians Houfnice which is unnecessary, they should nerf their eco at least not their Hofnice.

Weird nerf for heavy camels that will hurt most generic camel civs and weird buff for camel rider against camels! No major nerfs to the strong civs like Franks, Huns, Mayans, Chinese, Britons, Aztecs Khmer, even Burgundians nerf is not enough considering how their 50% stable discount still imbalanced and huge.

No nerfs to top tier civs, no nerf to Hindus camels and Ghulams, Gurjaras eco & Shivramsha rider nor to their team bonus. Poles nerf will do nothing also considering how their UU, castle age UT & stone bonus make a strong combenation.

No buffs for civs like Celts, Persians, Burmese UU, Saracens, etc.

Honestly it is just a disappointing patch.

No, it is not. I was confused too. It is a buff for Gurjaras Genitour when they are allied with Berbers. And also technically it is not a buff either, as it was a fix of rounding up/down of some fractional damage value.

1 Like

Genitour bonus vs Archers increased from 5 :arrow_forward: 6Elite Genitour bonus vs Archers increased from 6 :arrow_forward: 7

How this not a buff?

As stated above, it is for Gurjaras only and a fix of fraction number. You can say it a buff for Gurjaras but “technically” it is a fix.

1 Like

What fix a d what Gurjaras? They increased the Berbers Genitour attack

Oh sorry nevermind. I didn’t read “Correcting rounding mistakes in some bonuses” part.

1 Like