Patch tomorrow?!

I have no idea. I’m talking about that, in this game (and many other of Relic’s games), a new patch renders replays from the previous version obsolete.

I agree that this will be a bug hotfix, not a balance update. If this was a game-changing balance update, they would have made a public announcement. Probably things like brace mechanic, chat lag, and prelate fix.

2 Likes

This.

The sun will rise in the west and set in the east before I give a damn about 1v1 tourneys to the extent that it is detrimental to my game experience.

Patch. The. Game.

this wont happen in a long time and changes wont be dramatic when made. If they thought this is unbalanced, they would have changed it earlier (before release).
the first Changes will be mostly about maps, technical bugs and things like that in my opinion

2 Likes

Would you rather have a working game or watch replays of a broken game? I’m willing to sacrifice replays for better gameplay

6 Likes

And that’s understandable. I’m sure you’re not alone.

But, likewise, others prefer replays and the metagame commentary they can provide (or even the technical debugging information they contain). Nobody’s right or wrong here, it’s up to Relic to gauge public opinion and attempt to bring forward or push back patch deadlines as best they can internally.

I don’t really have a horse to bet on either way myself. I’m not super invested in replays because to me I’ve always associated them with the multiplayer scene, which though I play I’m quite frankly terrible at. Just don’t have the micro (and never have).

No. The tournaments are a lot of fun to watch and they’re good for the game as they bring in new players.

However I don’t think they should get in the way of hotfixes for exploits etc.

3 Likes

This.

They’re a nice added benefit to help us fine-tune our skills, but I agree that in no way should they stop development from releasing new patches solely to preserve replays.

Replays are a great feature and I have no problem with them, I just want the game fixed.

2 Likes

I just pointing this out because in other RTS games the community was furious at, in this case Blizzard, releasing a balance patch mid tournament. Giving the pro players not any chance to adjust and arguably skewing the outcome of the tournament as a result. This could be stronger the case in AoE as I expect changes to be more severe than in relative old games.

But they must also consider that many of us simply do not care about the pro scene. It seems to be a common misconception in AoE that the pro 1v1 scene is the be all and end all.

Yet none of the people I play with or talk to give a single damn about it lol,

2 Likes

For sure, I am sure a handful of people would be annoyed and I get your point completely. I just don’t think its fair or right by the consumer.

European here, I can’t see the test build in my beta’s just yet. Any chance you could post the patch notes for that?

1 Like

https://steamdb.info/app/1466860/patchnotes/?all

1 Like

Shame, non-public patch, so no patch-notes :stuck_out_tongue:
Would’ve been nice, but as other people mentioned probably well see this patch public soon.

Or because of the whole certification process mentioned in one of aussie drongo videos that could mean the patch could take at least another month before it comes out

Unlikely it’ll be a huge delay from now, in the past it has only been a day between patch reached the Steam branch and got released for the public. That would be imply it’d release today in this case.

Update posted on the official age of empires Facebook page!!! No idea why they havnt posted officially about it here?!?

Maybe their target are the people who never played age of empire 4.
Targething freash money bag, that do not know about any of the game issue.
The planet is vast, whit 7 billion of people.

Game worth maybe 600 billion, maybe 7 trillion, if every one by 2 time the game.

My bet: no balance changes, only minor bugs that will not include relics and ovos exploits. Maybe the cancel animation exploit, but only maybe…

3 Likes

Zero official news about a patch; if it hasn’t been communicated, it probably doesn’t exist.