Game Version: 101.101.37906.0 5105673
Operating System: Windows 10
Carts getting stuck at allies’ markets as well as my own, slowing/halting cart gold production. Observed this on many games. Every time, we’re on a large map (Giant or Ludicrous) with 7-8 players. Will be testing if it has anything to do with being on Turbo Mode as well. Before the carts mess up, a huge lag spike hits the game and the fps goes down, everything jittering across the map. Then the trade carts bug out. They stay there unless you move them away manually and retask them, but the fix doesn’t last for long.
It didn’t seem to matter if we had 3 or 12 trade carts going to the same market. We’ve also observed this bug at 200 pop cap, but we most often play on 300.
Here’s how our most recent game went to reproduce the problem:
- Host game with 7 players (5 humans, 2 AI).
- Set game presets to Hardest, Ludicrous Map, pop cap 300, Turbo Mode.
- Play through game till at least Feudal Age, all human players create markets.
- Have at least 2 players sending carts to the same market.
- Observe the game has lag spike (possibly from combined player and AI unit count).
- Observe trade carts start to catch on markets. They do not fix themselves.
Save Game File
Here’s the link to a gameplay example of this. There’s no time stamps on the game that I can find but if you keep it on high speed and watch red, the game starts bugging out after the following:
Red gets wiped and relocates NE of their original location.
Red starts building stone walls and cavalry from their stable.
Soon after, game starts jittering.
Watch Teal/Aqua’s market and see the trade carts gather and get stuck. You’ll notice when Red’s carts get stuck, they end up getting stuck back in the home town as well.