Pathfinding for trading route not working as expected

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.51737.0 7126076
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

The 4th mission of the european campaign Sforza (Blood and Betrayal) has three main islands. One of them is connected to both others by bridges that are barricaded at the beginning of the scenario. However, even if the barricades are destroyed no trade routes between the islands can be established. It only works for trade routes on the same island.

At first I assumed the fact that the bridges were barricaded at the beginning of the mission is causing this problem. But this does not seem to be the case, since now I’ve encountered the same problem where a bridge was passable from the beginning as I’ve described in this reply: Pathfinding for trading route not working as expected - #2 by ReachSouth

In the map editor I cannot reproduce the bug. There trade routes between islands that are connected with a bridge do work.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start 4th mission of the european campaign Sforza (Blood and Betrayal)

2. Destroy barricades on the bridges

3. Build market on your starting island and send trade carts to the market of any other player

4. Notice how the trade carts move to the target market and idle when they arrive

5. Build market on the island of target market

6. Trading with this market works

7. Start 5th mission of the european campaign Sforza

8. Wait until green builds a market

9. Build market on your starting island and send trade carts to the market of the green player

10. Notice how the trade carts move to the target market and idle when they arrive

11. Build market on the island of the green player

12. Trading with this market works

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Pathfinding for the trade carts should find the most distant market even if bridges are involved.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

A: is my market on my starting island
B: is my market on the 2nd island
C: is my market on the 3rd island
X: is the other players market
Trading is only possible between B and X
mini_map_highlight_markets

At this state both bridges can be crossed by land units:

But the AI chooses to do the trade only between markets B and X providing only 4 gold in this case:

For the sake of completness: At the beginning of the scenario the bridges are completly barricaded:

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Hmm, I guess my assumption about the barricaded bridges is wrong. In the 5th misson of Sforza I have the same problem. But here the bridges are passable from the beginning.

A and B are my markets. X is the market of green. The AI decides to use the trading route X-A instead of X-B:

Corresponding saved game:

Hi @ReachSouth!

Thank you for your detailed report, we are now tracking this issue :partying_face:

1 Like

Feels like the same typo like in other thread?

1 Like

Oh my twice in a day I should get more sleep :joy:

1 Like