Patience

Fact: It is becoming increasingly difficult to remain patient :slight_smile:

@sniem said:
Fact: It is becoming increasingly difficult to remain patient :slight_smile:

I agree. Maybe that some screenshots or other game content teasing would help to wait ?
I must admit that having a date of the beginning of the closed beta would be even better, but maybe is it at the moment not possible…

Would help more than the short interviews :wink:

Screenshots, Gifs, more elaborate interviews, I think all this would help a lot to have more patience! Even bringing more contests would be a good idea.

Or play some multiplayer matches with other forum users could help you a bit. Don’t worry, It is a beta, they probably are fixing some issues that’s why we don’t have any announcement about first wave of beta testers.

Listen to this

@LegoVogel said:
Listen to this

Very nice. But I’m afraid there is only one song for this occasion

@GepardenKalle said:

@LegoVogel said:
Listen to this

Haha that will be an all-time classic. Should write Rolling stone magazine to put it in their top 100 list.
Unrelated: I was checking some new tracks to mix. So I downloaded some stuff and listened to some DJs while posting on this forum. Out of the blue, this track came across, I already commented the good part.

@LegoVogel said:

@GepardenKalle said:

@LegoVogel said:
Listen to this

Haha that will be an all-time classic. Should write Rolling stone magazine to put it in their top 100 list.
Unrelated: I was checking some new tracks to mix. So I downloaded some stuff and listened to some DJs while posting on this forum. Out of the blue, this track came across, I already commented the good part.

Haha that convert came out of nowhere. Pretty chill track too, it lured me in and then pounced!

Are we thinking this will be out maybe this fall sometime? October? November?

Maybe they’re waiting to release on Oct 27 bc it’s my birthday.

@CagierNebula24 said:

I’m thinking a late August release. Here is my theory. Starcraft remastered is coming out in late August, the other major event occurring in late August is the Gaming Expo in Germany which is happening on the 22nd of August, the same date that Microsoft man said big news for Age of Empires is coming. I’m gonna go out on a limb here but they could launch AoE:DE right after this event to compete with Blizzard and maybe at the same time, we could see an announcement for a new AoE game to try to attract some of the Blizzard audience.

That's just a theory.... A Game Theory

PS... If you look at how long it took from the announcement of AoE II HD to the release, it was approximately just over a month. This was also a remake and from the same developers unless I'm mistaken.

This is waaaay more work than AoE2HD

Completely new art assets, revamped campaigns, new UI, new music…

AoE2HD is a patch compared to this remaster tbh…a lot more potential bugs and need for a solid beta.

@Raw1812 said:

AoE2HD is a patch compared to this remaster tbh…a lot more potential bug and need for a solid beta.

Here is the thing though. Age of Empires II HD started development in 2012 and was released in early 2013, that’s less than a year. If we assume that as soon as forgotten empires finished this remake they went on to remake AoE, it could be a longshot but some betas are really short. Battlefield 1’s beta lasted for just over a week I believe. This game could have easily been in development for the past 4 years and this could just end up being a month long beta. But then again… Battlefield 1 was in development for a loooooonng time…

@“Memes B Dreams” said:

@Raw1812 said:

AoE2HD is a patch compared to this remaster tbh…a lot more potential bug and need for a solid beta.

Here is the thing though. Age of Empires II HD started development in 2012 and was released in early 2013, that’s less than a year. If we assume that as soon as forgotten empires finished this remake they went on to remake AoE, it could be a longshot but some betas are really short. Battlefield 1’s beta lasted for just over a week I believe. This game could have easily been in development for the past 4 years and this could just end up being a month long beta.

I certainly hope that’s the case, I just hope that whatever happens the game releases with fully implemented modern RTS features and is optimized for a wide range of cards and setups.

I think a month beta may be a bit short though, I’m tending to imagine a fall release is optimistic.

I would rather a later release with a polished game, then a quick, buggy, half ■■■ rushed game, that is my two cents about, I want this done right and done right the first time.

@“Memes B Dreams” said:
Here is the thing though. Age of Empires II HD started development in 2012 and was released in early 2013, that’s less than a year. If we assume that as soon as forgotten empires finished this remake they went on to remake AoE,

That’s extremely unlikely. Forgotten Empires diddn’t even make AoE2HD and an entire four years of development for a freshening up of an old game like AoE1 is not realistic.

FE is a relatively small team as far as I know and would propbably not juggle many projects at once - at least not in full development. Most likely they started working on AoE DE around Q4 last year when development on Rise of the Rajas was finishing up.

Is easy there are a lot of games to play until the release.

@“Memes B Dreams” said:

@CagierNebula24 said:

I’m thinking a late August release. Here is my theory. Starcraft remastered is coming out in late August, the other major event occurring in late August is the Gaming Expo in Germany which is happening on the 22nd of August, the same date that Microsoft man said big news for Age of Empires is coming. I’m gonna go out on a limb here but they could launch AoE:DE right after this event to compete with Blizzard and maybe at the same time, we could see an announcement for a new AoE game to try to attract some of the Blizzard audience.

That's just a theory.... A Game Theory

PS... If you look at how long it took from the announcement of AoE II HD to the release, it was approximately just over a month. This was also a remake and from the same developers unless I'm mistaken. 

Only partially, and we should be happy they cut away the rotten part.

And be happy we AoM players have been patient for over a year in hopes to only get some acknowledgement of our existence, let alone our game being fixed from all the issues it has. We get neither.

@GepardenKalle said:

@“Memes B Dreams” said:
Here is the thing though. Age of Empires II HD started development in 2012 and was released in early 2013, that’s less than a year. If we assume that as soon as forgotten empires finished this remake they went on to remake AoE,

That’s extremely unlikely. Forgotten Empires diddn’t even make AoE2HD and an entire four years of development for a freshening up of an old game like AoE1 is not realistic.

FE is a relatively small team as far as I know and would propbably not juggle many projects at once - at least not in full development. Most likely they started working on AoE DE around Q4 last year when development on Rise of the Rajas was finishing up.

Small team of 51 people around the world? It doesn’t seems small to me, but not that big like Ubisoft or EA Team :lol: