Patience

@KingDarBoja said:
Or play some multiplayer matches with other forum users could help you a bit. Don’t worry, It is a beta, they probably are fixing some issues that’s why we don’t have any announcement about first wave of beta testers.

@Augustusman said:
Is easy there are a lot of games to play until the release.

Hmmm it’s a bit light at the moment, late August sees Xcom: War of the Chosen and then Warhammer 2:Total War but otherwise a bit quiet on the RTS front. Steel Division Normandy doesn’t have the longevity of Eugen Systems Red Dragon. Tindalos interactive are trying to breathe life into Battlefield Gothic but it’s too late in the day, the community gave up about six months ago.

Aside from RTS I keep seeing player Unknowns Battlefields at the top of the steam charts but I would prefer FPS and have heard cheating is bad so haven’t taken the plunge yet.

Try Northgard, It still early beta but fun. The bad thing is that mechanics are like Civ + AoE.

About RTS games, I feel like there isn’t any decent game that satisfy me as AOE franchise does. (Don’t count Stracraft, I like that too).

I’m thinking august… > @“Mystic Taboo” said:

@KingDarBoja said:
Or play some multiplayer matches with other forum users could help you a bit. Don’t worry, It is a beta, they probably are fixing some issues that’s why we don’t have any announcement about first wave of beta testers.

@Augustusman said:
Is easy there are a lot of games to play until the release.

Hmmm it’s a bit light at the moment, late August sees Xcom: War of the Chosen and then Warhammer 2:Total War but otherwise a bit quiet on the RTS front. Steel Division Normandy doesn’t have the longevity of Eugen Systems Red Dragon. Tindalos interactive are trying to breathe life into Battlefield Gothic but it’s too late in the day, the community gave up about six months ago.

Aside from RTS I keep seeing player Unknowns Battlefields at the top of the steam charts but I would prefer FPS and have heard cheating is bad so haven’t taken the plunge yet.

You should get into fortnite, if you preorder you can start in 9 days.

@KingDarBoja said:

@GepardenKalle said:

@“Memes B Dreams” said:
Here is the thing though. Age of Empires II HD started development in 2012 and was released in early 2013, that’s less than a year. If we assume that as soon as forgotten empires finished this remake they went on to remake AoE,

That’s extremely unlikely. Forgotten Empires diddn’t even make AoE2HD and an entire four years of development for a freshening up of an old game like AoE1 is not realistic.

FE is a relatively small team as far as I know and would propbably not juggle many projects at once - at least not in full development. Most likely they started working on AoE DE around Q4 last year when development on Rise of the Rajas was finishing up.

Small team of 51 people around the world? It doesn’t seems small to me, but not that big like Ubisoft or EA Team :lol:

Hence ‘relatively small’, not small :wink:

Today marks 1 month after the announcement. Closed beta coming soon. :expressionless:

Well, there’s this…

“E3 is a wonderful show, but it’s very Asia- and U.S.-centric. With Gamescom, Europe has a long and storied history with RTS games. We want to make sure we do just as much justice for Gamescom and all the European gamers as we did at E3 here today. It’s important to us that we take this here – it’ll be further along. People will be playing the beta. We’ll have more to show and talk about. But yeah, we have a whole event planned around Age of Empires for Gamescom.” Source

Not sure if it still stands or not.

@KingDarBoja said:
Try Northgard, It still early beta but fun. The bad thing is that mechanics are like Civ + AoE.

About RTS games, I feel like there isn’t any decent game that satisfy me as AOE franchise does. (Don’t count Stracraft, I like that too).

you can try 0 A.D

@Augustusman said:

@KingDarBoja said:

you can try 0 A.D

I tried 0 A.D but I dislike having the military units to work like villagers, It is a mess if you want to keep an eye on resource incomes and battle management.

@KingDarBoja said:

@Augustusman said:

@KingDarBoja said:

you can try 0 A.D

I tried 0 A.D but I dislike having the military units to work like villagers, It is a mess if you want to keep an eye on resource incomes and battle management.

Is mess for newcomers but there a plenty hotkeys to manage the game.
And is most accurate than this, this is more arcade.

great i will too tell my friends about age of empires game