Performance issues either because of 4K or because of external monitor

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: .51737
  • GAME PLATFORM: Microsoft Store
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Ok, so I have done this report in the past, with zero attention from the Devs. I guess it is a hard find when the player (me) can only say “My game suddenly performs poorly”, but today I happened to be out of my house with my gaming laptop, and I played several skirmish games, as per usual.

To my surprise I suffered none of the performance issues that I usually experience. So thinking about the differences, the only one is: I am playing in full HD in the laptop’s integrated screen, not the usual 4K in my external TLC 65 inch Android TV, connected through a long HDMI cable (don’t remember the length but it may be 6m). I even carried my mouse, so I can only think of this difference.

Devs: Let me know if there’s a log I can enable specially for this case or something.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS) when in 4K

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play in 4K in an external 65-inch TLC Android TV connected through a 6m-long HDMI cable.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

40-60 FPS on my MSI laptop even in 4K, with all graphics settings in Ulta.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

I tested using 1080P in my AndroidTV but performance issues did arrive, so I am thinking it might be because of the external monitor.

Also @ChristheCo I see you the most often here replying. While I do try to do my best at reporting issues, rarely ever do I get the attention of the devs. This one is probably one of the most annoying and would like to know if I’ll ever receive help in this regard. I cannot join PUP since I’m an MS Store user.

hey @webJose
I am sad this issue happens to you, but from our point of view, there isn’t much we can do. I would advise you to try to change your setup: cable or monitor.
Hope this will improve you experience!