Persian Civ Mod

Hey guys! I updated the civ mod and text mod to 40220. Sorry for the massive delay in updating my mod, I’m aware I missed 2 patches :slightly_frowning_face: but hope this makes up for it.

I changed the Cavalry Archer bonus from +1 attack per age from Castle to researching Parthian Tactics removes frame delay for Cavalry Archers. Let me know your thoughts on this bonus! The next bonus I want to playtest is giving CAs a 2nd arrow after researching Parthian Tactics (Will swap out the no attack delay bonus for this one).

@AetherWilder I have changed the Cavalry Archer bonus to remove frame delay after researching Parthian Tactics so you can playtest it now (Sorry for the delay in updating the mod :sweat_smile:!) Hitting 2 birds with one stone here - Parthian Tactics gating this bonus means it won’t be considered OP until you actually research the tech, and you can also test and see the difference with and without the bonus in the same game.

@Juggernaut8704 Ah right I get what you mean (Sorry for the delayed response :sweat_smile:). So in the case of Persians and this mod how would I get the ai to train cavalry archers if I remove hand cannoneers (and the required HC tech to train them) from the Persian tech tree (As in HCs are no longer available for them to train)?

Hey everyone!

First of all, Happy Persian New Year to all you Persian AOE2 players! Hope you all have a fun and festive day.

Second, I’m bumping this thread to let you know I’ve updated the civ mod to Patch 44725 Hotfix 45185 with the following changes:

• Parthian Tactics Civ Bonus: Removes fire delay from Cav Archers > Grants +2 attack to Cav Archers
  • Grivpanvar Melee/Pierce Armour adjusted from 2/1 > 1/2, train cost reduced from 70F 75G to 70F 55G, movement speed decreased from 1.45 to 1.4.
  • Imperial Camel attack rate reverted from 1.9 to 2.

Also if you don’t have it already, please subscribe to my Persian Civ Text Mod, so you can enjoy the full experience as it updates the civ bonuses for the Persian civ with the ones in my mod, as well as flavour updates to tech/unit names.

I still have plans to make my mod more flavourful. If you want to know more feel free to ask. I’ll try to factor game balance but there’s no guarantees the mod will keep them as strong as the current Persian civ.

2 Likes

Bumping this thread because I updated it to the April 2022 patch (Build 61321) with the following changes:

• Foot Soldiers cost -25% Gold per age starting Castle Age (-50% total) changed to -20% Gold per age starting from Feudal (-60% total)
  • Parthian Tactics grants Cavalry Archers +2 attack changed to Cavalry Archers gain +1 attack per age starting Castle Age (+2 total)
  • Added (Elite) Elephant Archer. (Heavy) Cavalry Archers can still be trained.
  • Mahouts movement speed bonus includes new elephant units.
  • Aswaran buffed from 20% to 25% bonus damage resistance for mounted units.
  • Grivpanvar now have a thrust attack that damages multiple units.
  • Caravanserai now available to Persians, Saracens, Turks, Berbers, Hindustanis and Bengalis

Please update the mod and let me know what you think.

For those of you who haven’t tried the mod yet please give it a go. Although flavour is the main goal, it currently also aims to address a lot of player concerns regarding the Persians’ current state.

I have also updated the text mod with the updated changes.

1 Like

Bumping this thread for the last time as the ability to create mod specific threads now exist. In light of the devs’ announcement to make changes to the Persians, I have been inspired to update this mod to the latest patch, in hopes the mod also gives them some ideas. Now you can see changes to the tech tree as well as in game with future available units/techs. Feel free to discuss my mods in the thread links below: