[MERGED] Deleting Walls using certain structures

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.44725.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Placing a Donjon foundation with a Serjant in non visible terrain deletes enemy walls (palisade and stone) in the area of the foundation.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Choose Sicilians
  2. Place a Donjon foundation where an enemy wall is (if not yet visible)

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

recorings were this bug happens cannot be watched/ it gets out of synch when the bug would occur

4 Likes

A similar bug is that you can place gates on enemy walls, and the enemy walls get deleted.
The walls must be out of your LOS though (you need to scout them, and then walk away from them).

2 Likes

New civs being Broken then the Lithuanian Relic bug.
Now this…

1 Like

actually happens with gates also

1 Like

Will the developers answer something about this bug that breaks all the essence of the game?

I can confirm that I experienced the same bug. And it is not only related to new civ because my enemy did it with Turks. I cannot see what building did he use because as the author of the post says, the replay goes out of sync.

• GAME BUILD: 44725

If you place a gate over a scouted enemy wall that is covert by the fog of war it gets deleted, making walls totaly useless.

When ever the hell you want it to happen

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

1. See the wall in the fog of war
  2. use a vilager to place a gate foundation
  3. delete the gate and you have a free way through the walls

Nothing should happen and your walls should be safe from that bug

Video Link: Worst AoE2 DE Bug ever ?? - YouTube

5 Likes

I can confirm, here’s a short 24 second video demonstrating this bug:

2 Likes

Similar issue with DonJons: Placing a Donjon deletes walls - #2 by BubblyMango3400

3 Likes

:open_mouth: Seems like a pretty bad bug :smiley: I sense (hope) a hotfix soon, if this bug is fully confirmed

Pretty much serious bug. Hope it will be fixed soon

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: latest build - Lord of The West Update

I built a palisade and the enemy destroyed it without troops or villagers nearby

100%

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

I do not know the steps because the enemy did it and the replay stops with an error message exactly at that precise moment.

The palisade will not be deleted.

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Probably this bug (introduced with latest patch, in which they removed foundation scanning): Placing a Donjon deletes walls

Thanks for the answer.

In this case the enemy was using Turks so I am almost sure this bug occurs also with Towers or other type of buildings. And it is different from the “Gate delete walls” bug because here he did not even needed to build it but simply placing the foundation was enough.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.44725.0 6115729

:point_down: *Ranked arena game, trying the new Sicilians (Hoping them to be my new favourite civ) making a couple of donjons to guard relics, failing to keep them up, no worries, I’m just trying them out. All of a suddend I see a massive 4 tiles hole in my arena walls that was not there and enemy scouts running ine (like 12 of them) I give fault to my ADD at first, thinking I might have selected the walls and deleted them without noticing, stupid me. I spend 15 minutes chasing scouts around and plugging the whole. After wich… Another Hole appears and knights come in, now I know the opponent might be using some bug I don’t know about, I ask about it, the “gentleman” doesn’t reply, I resign…

I attach a replay file *

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)

1. Have the Lords of the West DLC
  2. Play a ranked map as Sicilians
  3. Get arena chosen as a map

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
My walls should have been there…

:point_down: A replay file is worth a thousand (technically way more) images

:point_down: *MP Replay v101.101.44725.0 @2021.01.27 195432 (2).aoe2record (1.8 MB) *

It was a bad day for me, and I had waited a lot to try the new DLC and I hadn’t played in almost 2 months… needless to say this was really not amusing, and I’m trying to be civil here…

This is an exploit which came up with the removal of the building scan exploit (I assume). You can remove the enemy walls by placing building foundations…how this stuff got past testing is beyond me.

4 Likes

Just tested it, couldn’t replicate it with the Donjon but was able to remove walls with the stone gate.

Yesterday I was playing Arena as Magyars. They destroyed me walls with this hack and went in. The walls are useless.

Thank you for the reports! Just dropping in to note that this issue has been identified by the team and a fix should be showing up in today’s hotfix.

1 Like