Played AoE 1 ONLY

I did play some of the original AoE, until I found that it’s tendency to make me lose track of time was causing some conflict with my spouse over familial duties, so I just kind of dropped it altogether. I never tried any of the subsequent versions. So along those lines, I would suggest that having a optional “reminder timer” built in to the game itself could prevent folks from having to give up playing it for similar reasons. I mean, let’s face it, most games have individual sessions that last for up to a fixed amount of time. But AoE1 could easily suck up hours in one sitting.

@zimbot said:
I did play some of the original AoE, until I found that it’s tendency to make me lose track of time was causing some conflict with my spouse over familial duties, so I just kind of dropped it altogether. I never tried any of the subsequent versions. So along those lines, I would suggest that having a optional “reminder timer” built in to the game itself could prevent folks from having to give up playing it for similar reasons. I mean, let’s face it, most games have individual sessions that last for up to a fixed amount of time. But AoE1 could easily suck up hours in one sitting.

I do not see that necessary, you could put an alrma in the mobile and save the game to continue at another time

Yeah, I agree (with @“Tha Somin” ). Besides, there’s a timer in-game anyway. Just press F11 (I think?) and check it manually.

sounds interesting