Player Reporting - What for?

I came over from Aoe 2 HD, there wasn’t a single rule about behavior and how to play. I was curious about this report tool ( was no info), and, being a noob, have copped a ton of abuse, but at the same time have been pushed from an ultra no hope noob, to a fairly decent average player. Just wanted to see if the penalties were overboard or not, eg bans etc. Coming from HD it just appeared to go from one extreme ( we were left to fend for ourselves on HD) to potential overzealous opinionated bans. BUt haven’t seen any bans, people certainly haven’t changed they’re behaviour, so I guess this question is mute.

EDIT: I get everyones reasons, but devs never said what the reporting tool was for and the consequences (at least at the time). Again, to clarify, HD Aoe 2, you’d literally get nowhere for reporting people for griefing or bad behavior. That being said, community was fairly tight, and that person (griefer/ overly toxic) most likely would get left out. For extra clarification, im not against it, I reported somebody yesterday on a team game player VS ai, destroying all my eco 6 tc’s etc. 1 reason I was annoyed yeah, but 2nd reason was to see if anything would happen.

1 Like

for example if there is a noob game and a pro enteres and ruins all the noob fun