Player TC seems to be working slightly faster than AI PC in single player games

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 58259
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

So I was watching a single-player skirmish replay, and I noticed that I clicked on Feudal a few seconds slower than one of my AI teammates, but I ended up going up to Feudal faster than them. And not only that, but player TC also creates villagers at a slightly faster rate. I was not choosing the Persians and I did not turn on handicap so I am sure this has nothing to do with those.

I don’t know if this is intentional or what, but from what I remember, this seems to be in the game since the game’s release. So if this IS intentional, let me know and if possible, explain why the AIs would need such a tiny nerf.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Just start a skirmish single-player 4v4 game with AI, it’s easily noticed.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Assuming creating villagers non-stop, you should be able to be 1 villager ahead of AI after playing for a while. If you and an AI click on the same age upgrade (Feudal/Castle/Imperial), you should be faster than them.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

*rec.aoe2record - Google Drive

Hello @Serene0509 ,

If this was played on a difficulty level below Hardest then this is part of the handicaps the AI uses, this includes both AI allies and enemies.

On the Hardest and Extreme difficulty levels no handicap exists (also no cheats, besides being able to multitask better than us humans). The Extreme difficulty AI has better unit micromanagement abilities than the Hardest AI.

I see, don’t quite understand it but okay. I did play on Hard as most third-party AIs will cheat on Hardest.

It’s just artificial idle time implemented between productions. Like lets say TC not working for 3 seconds between villagers queued.

You can see this more in detail if you analyze your recorded game with Capture Age