Playing Age of Empires II: DE? We want to hear from you!

That was never the reason for 20 euros.
They did a remodel, upgraded the AI and servers, added quality of life ideas, etc

I understand that the servers suck and there are major problems, but some have faced increased performance with the new “update”. Like for me, it was a change from 40 to 100 FPS with UHD on a high-end PC.

Now, I understand many have faced crashes. But for some these updates were useful.’

If you watched Cysion interviews, he said that he would make the new civs more powerful than the others so we would be encouraged to play them then they would nerf them.

Irony is, many hated HD before DE. Some people are just never happy…

I’d like some extra bugs and crashes with that hot survey. Oh, and a large memory leak please.

No? Pass.

Definitive Edition? There’s nothing definitive about it at all. Your patches won’t hold. Abandon ship!

And here I thought AOE Forums was not the place for Steam toxic fanbase.

Anyways, you can go back to the buggy HD if that’s what you want

What I want is for them to get their ■■■■ together and actually do some proper programming, with proper support, testing and not releasing something in a poor state (like AoE DE - still unfinished!), but with MS as captain you know it will only be half arsed.

If you think HD is bugged then I don’t understand how you can even defend AoE2 DE.

1 Like

Plenty of crashes ever since the patch was released.

PC 1: 6600K, 1070, 16gb - 3 crashes in 6 games attempted before update, after update 1 crash in 6 games.

PC 2: 7700K, 1070, 16gb - 1 crash in 4 games after patch.

PC 3: 7700K, 1080, 16gb - no crashes before patch, 1 crash in 4 games after patch.

All crashes happen 20-30 minutes into a match, the game freezes and windows says the game has stopped responding. This is very upsetting, I know you guys have a put a lot of work into this game but this amount of crashes is so demotivating.

Maybe because it’s getting updates and patches? Just saying…
HD is not though…

I agree that AOE 2 DE is not in a finished state, but it’s not an easy task for them either
The problem with the huge ass bugs for DE is because they are pushing the engine too far. It’s exceeding its current limits. Remember that the engine was never designed to handle 4K sprites and textures

Yes I am playing. I would like to ask if there is an in game friends list? I cant seem to find one and I don’t use steam any longer its a bit annoying just searching to invite the recently played.

Its a clan not a club

Horrible. I never threw money away in such a dumb way.

The game’s issues are majorly resolved when it comes to crashes, update your drivers and clean your PC. It’s not microsoft’s fault you run the game on a piece of junk.

I was glad I was able to identify as an Attack Helicopter in the survey but they never followed up on the question if I felt I was feeling inclusive and represented in the game.