PLEASE! add more terrain types when dawn of dukes arrive!

i’d be really cool to have more terrain types like grass 4 or grass 5, more types of cliffs, for scenario creators

(also reminder to the devs, the 2 cliffs still look the same ever since it launched)

8 Likes

It could be great to have a maps creators contest, judging aesthetics, inmersion, story, fun, triggers, etc

8 Likes

Agreed i’d be pretty cool to see that, has it been done before in any of the AOE’s??

1 Like

Someone could even start doing it on the forum. I’m thinking it might be impractical to start with awards for big projects, because there will be much more debate around the judging. But maybe a format like this:

Map Madness Monthly

The first day of every months an assignment for the next month is posted, with some technical specs (small sized two player coop scenario, for instance, or medium multiplayer map) and a theme, like “pirates” or “desert”. Entries have to be previously unpublished creations and have to be in before the deadline of the start of the next month. Judging is done by a poll on the forum (or by a three member volunteer panel, or by a vote among only the contestants, and no voting for yourself).

Now that’s a good idea, I would really like to see that.

1 Like

Lets do it man!!!

2 Likes

Iirc someone did a few map contests on the forums but the trend didn’t catch on. Maybe there aren’t enough people who are familiar with the scenario editor around here.

2 Likes

I decided to give it a go. Chat thread, submission thread. Let’s see if this does anything.

Sounds cool, tho i still wish we had more texture types for that