Please buy new dlc so devs balance new civs

There are 2 logically consistent positions:

1. The system does not respects the player so people who dodge are in their right.
  2. The system respects the player so dodgers are not in their right.

To say the system is bad but also the players who dodge are wrong makes no sense.

Neither does it make any sense to ask for a ranked lobby (split the community), you would have all the downsides of opt-in without any of the benefits. Instead of incorporating maxbans/opt-in into MM so everyone can stay together and have to opportunity to match.

It’s frustrating to me that even after 2 years most people have no clue what they are talking about when this is a massive issue. Yet no problem to call others selfish without any argumentation other than “the rules”. This is when ignorance becomes toxicity.

1 Like

Okay. If theres something thats bad it means you should be able to mske it worse, thats your logic?

Okay so you just play whoever gets annoyed for being unable to play toxic. You are just a gatekeeper then.

The ranked lobby system already exists so a ranked lobby would be faster and less problematic that reworking the entire ranked system. A new system could lead to an entire month when you cant even play ranked matches if exploits or coding problems get released unnoticed by the devs.

1 Like

It would be really nice if you spend longer than 3mins writing some rushed comment, thanks.

If the system ignores the players right to play maps they enjoy, alternative ways to make it work are justified. It comes from understanding that the problem was created by the system, not the player. What you are doing is close to victim blaming. “Oh something got stolen from you? Don’t cry and deal with it.”

I don’t understand this sentence.

Ah yes, good argument. /s Let’s not do what is necessary because the ultimate counterproductive alternative called the lobby already exists. Also who cares about giving people with a map preference the same experience an automated MM system can give? Are you actually serious? You’re not even responding to the main point.

OMFG

The level of argument has now fallen to “reasons which potentially might occur”.

1 Like

The problem is that for many years map variation kinda got lost but i think the devs just realized it and try to roll it back which in their case is justified.

The other problem is the majority/minority that got so into arabia that they ddnt want to play anything else what made them a bit i would say narrow minded and so ofc the devs need a way to stop mass dodging and thats what the timeout penalty a for

I personaly think its a good thing to diverse it a again and people should see that map variety or playing othee then 2 maps dont hurt them as much as they claim

No need for opt in or ranked lobbys

hahahaha. No one is stopping you from playing whatever map you like in custom games. Give me a single Ranked system in any game that just allows the players to do whatever they want. There isn’t one. A ranked system has to follow some sort of script as it is the competitive part of the game.

I am sure you can understand that. Besides, the people do vote on the maps in these forums.

1 Like

I think thats an understatement because while its true the other problem is that lobbies arent in the same feeling of ranked and so people hardly adjust to it. Also i think in case of activity its rather hard to find a 4v4 lobby for arabia (not 100% sure)

Yes they do activly vote but sadly its a minority of votes compared to the entire player base thats why i think they should add it to the game menu when voting is active so people are encouraged to vote and not have an forum account and log in here to vote
(Yes i would say that might be just lazy but having an active window in the game menu might seems more enticing)

Also @PacificWheel208 i think being narrow minded isnt really effective and to think they make a mistake with bringing diversity back its basicly the same

There are things that are here for a reason and majority or minority doesnt matter the thing they tryd to prevent are good

1 Like

If you don’t care then just say so. Suggesting the lobby which doesnt allow ranking or an equal experience to MM, which would result in a complete counterproductive result (splitting the community). Simply a joke suggestion.

I’m sure there is and clearly Aoe2 used to be like that for 20 years. You cannot compare to different games because a similar RTS with random mapgen (and 40 civs
) doesn’t exist either. Neither is the premise correct that everything should be the same.

Type of system has nothing to to with map pool

Narrowminded is thinking you can push everyone through the same cookiecutter and thinking this will work. I play regularly TGS and people are sick and tired of it.

What is “good” is subjective, you don’t get to claim absolute truth. This is why I am not telling you what to play and saying it’s the right way.

Ultimately I play for fun, usually enjoy arabia but atm I love doing strats on arena. If I would go by what the system gives me, it would completely ruin my fun and chances to do dedicated practice.

I have a bad wrist, do you really think I’m going to wreck it on a map I don’t like??? No I will spend my few games per day wisely. Maybe use your brain and understand the impact of what you are saying.

1 Like

Literally another good reason why custom lobbies wouldt help and why its justified for the devs to tell you “broken wrist?, well play,or dont, but dont complain”