Please create a separate Return of Rome forum! AoE 2 forum is messed up now

See title.
The forum is cluttered with RoR posts along AoE 2 ones. Quite annoying as I don’t use the Return of Rome game mode.
Suggestion: Create a separate RoR forum (or merge it with AoE 1 forum) AND move all those existing RoR threads (from AoE 2 and 1 forums) there. Thanks!

17 Likes

I agree with you. Now it’s really hard to find aoe2 discussions.

3 Likes

tbh all RoR talk should be moved to the AoE1 forums.
The game is AoE1 even if it’s in the AoE2 engine.
No one talks about AoE1DE anyway like no one talks about AoE2HD anymore.

3 Likes

Or simply move the discussion to Aoe1 forum.

1 Like

RoR is part of AoE2, since it is a DLC of AoE2. I dont really see the issue for discussion a AoE2 DLC in the AoE2 board.

2 Likes

The issue is that the RoR mode is AoE1 gameplay that is completely separate from AoE2 gameplay.
So this forum is used to discus 2 completely different games now.

While the AoE1 forum is dead because there is basically no reason to play AoE1DE over RoR.

Even if RoR is technically in AoE2 the game design is still AoE1.

6 Likes

Even so, people will come here since it is an Aoe 2 DLC and gamemode.
Maybe an RoR subforum?
I personally think it is unnecessary.

1 Like

Rename the AoE forum, easy.
I’d prefer having all RoR talk in one place. I don’t really want to talk about normal AoE2 that much.

1 Like

Agree 100%. Should have been done from the beginning.

3 Likes

Bingo bango bongo. Yes, the games’ futures are intertwined, but it doesn’t take an Einstein to figure out there will be unnecessary friction and disorder if AoE2 and RoR aren’t both given appropriate breathing room. This has already been suggested here and here. A new subforum or renaming of the AoE1 forum would do, or at minimum a flair and game mode filter if everything is kept on this forum.

2 Likes

The solution would be very simple - make a sub-discussion about RoR inside the AoE2 forum.

obraz

4 Likes

Agreed. ROR sub forum needed.

1 Like

Mods just have to move the ROR threads to AoE1 forum and rename it. People eventually will understand that aoe2 and RoR are different games…

Nice M$, I told you to update AoE:DE to the newer engine and market it. Your problem

1 Like