Please do not implement auto scouting

That’s actually true. It just means that we shouldn’t put the results above everything else though. It might be the case that the silent majority would be for it, but we don’t know that for sure either (also as I said before, I think it makes much more sense the think about what the really active community thinks - there probably a lot of “sounds nice”-casual players out there, but I’d be really surprised if there were a lot (if any) “this game really needs this feature”-people. There are a lot who are strongly against it though.

Yeah, your wording is better than what I wrote.

I don’t agree that the change plays that much into it though. It’s more that on lower levels you don’t get punished if your scout is idle quite a bit so it’s okay to not be that active with it. It’s more a “I suck at this game (well, most people need to start playing online to experience this^^), but it’s still fun to play it at my pace” rather than “oh, it’s so easy to get everything going”.

Nili and ACCM posted on AoEZone that they “hate it”. Nicov posted there as well and seemed to dislike it - he was not that clear though. I for sure didn’t hear everyone on it, I just didnt hear anyone good being for it (yet?) and quite some people against it.

Nicov was pretty clear on the fact that he doesn’t like it. Also, Memb and Spring said the same.

If the pros hate it, the caster hate it, and most players of advanced/intermediate/noobs hate it… Why Microsoft is being this stubborn?

1 Like

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for taking the time to post your concerns and desires regarding this feature; it will all be taken into consideration as the team continues to make adjustments to the game!

Fist off: due to the game development timeline, auto-scouting has been implemented in today’s update. While this doesn’t discredit any of the reasons and discussion posted above, now is an opportunity for you to experiment with the feature and post your thoughts about how it impacts the game.

In order to draw a clear differentiation between speculation and educated discussion, I’ve closed this thread and opened a NEW thread where you can weigh in on the topic of auto-scouting. You’ll find it here:

It is highly recommended that you take the time to play with the feature before posting your thoughts. We will continue following your feedback there, and will continue to make adjustments to the game based on the informed opinions of our community.

Thanks again, and happy scouting! :smile:

3 Likes