Please don't add attack range indicators like how AoE3:DE just did :(

Hmm, seems quite a bit different to me :man_shrugging: Being able to line up buildings in rows better, or being able to have the most organized looking town/empire on the map, doesn’t really equate to seeing the attack radius of your tower so you can optimally place them – saving stone, going undetected, etc.

Hehe, yep. I am enjoying the gameplay. But there are so many civs to keep track of in AoE2 now, I don’t really pay attention little things like that so much anymore. Over time, if I pick up such civ nuances, great; but if not, I’m not losing sleep over it :wink: I almost always play as Spanish, and set the enemy AIs to random civs to see variety in the units and structures. If the civs were markedly different like it sounds like they will be in AoE4, then I will definitely be paying more attention to that stuff.

But with AoE2, honestly, there are a ton of civs… and every civ I’ve tried feels pretty much the same to me with a couple minor nuances here and there. Once you know how to play the game with one civ really well, you know what paces you have to go through to win – and you know some civs will have bombard towers, others won’t, etc. I played with Sicilians the other day, not knowing anything about them except what their unique unit was, donjons, and they’re an infantry civ, and then I was off to the races. Trounced the AI. I’m sure there are pro strats for them, but for me, I just crank up thru the ages like I always do and play how I like to play. And when I see unique techs, buildings, or units here and there, I research them and check them out. Works for me! If I played as Khmers, I wouldn’t know they can garrison in houses offhand, but I’d check their tech tree at that time. However, I maybe played them once long ago and saw that unique trait, but it’s long forgotten. I’m not big into garrisoning, but it’s good that I can use that escape plan if I need to the next time I play them! :slight_smile: And when the AI is playing them, I’ll probably now notice and target houses with more vigor.

I’ve gotten all the expansions with CE, FE, HD, and now what DE has to offer + its expansion, so it’s a bit “info overload” at this point; I reached my saturation point on trying to keep track of all the civ nuances. I look at the tech tree on occasion, of course, but not a lot.