Please don't add attack range indicators like how AoE3:DE just did :(

Range not working for me without tick on player colour. I can only see range at player colour

You may need to adjust its opacity via the far-left tab of settings screen, if you didn’t already try. The opacity is tied to the terrain grid opacity. So, make sure terrain grid opacity is, like, 38% Black, for example. Higher percentage makes more opaque

Sadly I feel it’s going to come for ranged units now it’s been added for buildings.

1 Like

Which would be the problem?

Nothing wrong with that if it’s available for all but quality shouldn’t be like the recently released building range indicators. The ones in AoE 3 DE are good.

I know you’re being sarcastic but they do look great.

1 Like

Dude, the game isnt realistic. The grid already doesnt make any sense by that way of thinking.

Not everything has to be about immersion.
(Not defending the change or the way it looks)

I think having colored bars above people’s heads is already sci-fi enough. Really breaks immersion.
Maybe medieval real-time radar maps as well.

1 Like

Similar to my reasons for disliking it on buildings. I feel it changes the character of the game if you just look at a circle rather than having to make a judgement. It eliminates an element of judgement/skill that even the pros sometimes get wrong. For units specifically it would effect microing. I go in to a lot more detail on why I dislike it for buildings here but a lot of it could be applied to units.

2 Likes

I don’t thinks so. In this area you can do it well for both, inmersion lovers and copetition game. Just making the UI helpers optional, like little trees, and Mandala’s stuff

1 Like

Most probably. (char limit)